A Dream

A Dream

A Chapter by Jordan
"

A dream passed on to me by a homeless man.

"
 I used to write songs for other musicians, I would work for this studio and that studio and when I was working at a studio in Florida I went to the beach. I fell asleep in my chair while watching the waves. 
 I dreamt I was in my chair and the water was getting higher and higher until it was at my knees, when it reached my knees I became a fish. At first I was afraid but then I realized I was free. I didn't have to work anymore and I could go anywhere in the world. So I spent all my time exploring all of the oceans and seas around the world and seeing all of the other fish. But I was never happy.  I could go to any beach on earth but the only one I ever thought about was the beach with my chair. So I tried as hard as I could to find my chair, I looked everywhere. I knew if I could find that chair I would be home. I looked and looked and was ready to give up when finally I saw my chair. The water had gone down and my chair was dry but I knew I had to sit in it again.  I swam away from the beach and then turned back to get as much speed as I could and I jumped out of the water towards my chair. As I landed in my chair I woke up. After that I thought and thought about what my dream could mean. After that I was let go by the studio and was never able to find work at another one.


© 2020 Jordan


Author's Note

Jordan
After telling me this he asked me if I knew what it meant. I told him I didn't and apologized and told him that if he gave me time that I might figure it out. He told me that's okay and to take all the time I needed. This was when I would go and help with the homeless. The next time I went I was told he had died. It would be a few years later when I finally understood his dream but I often wonder if he found his own meaning. I believe his dream can mean an infinite number of things all depending on who hears it. I thought it would be nice to immortalize him in a small way on the internet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What did you find the meaning was of this dream?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

When I originally read it I thought it was about not forgetting your roots and always coming home. N.. read more
Jordan

8 Years Ago

lol I am. And I believe both of your interpretations are accurate. Like I said, his dream can be dif.. read more
Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

*relieved*
And may you live a long and happy life too :)
yup im like that to i go off into my own lil world its fun like your poem

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2020


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Writing
The Muse The Muse

A Story by Jordan


One One

A Chapter by Jordan