Marie

Marie

A Story by K8lyn
"

A real life High School Drama :)

"

She sits in History...just two rows away from HER. She sits there thinking, what does she have that I dont? Is it her dark hair? Her slight build? Her radiant complexion?

The girl leans back in her desk and crosses her arms over her chest. The teacher drones on without even looking up to see whos paying attention. Which of course is no one.

She sits herself up, trying to slyly look over at HER and see what SHES doing. Shes checking her phone for the third time this class period...that feind. And he picked HER over me? the girl wonders.

Her naturally painted nails click away the buttons of her cell phone, probably sending HIM a message. And hes probably doing the exact same thing in his class too. The visual in her mind, of him texting a comment like This class is stupid, i wish i could see u, or Where do you wanna go this wknd, im off work! sinks her heart into her already fallen stomach. She notices that everyone else seems to know whats going on, theyre moving around, talking with one another, really seeming to discuss something. A pair of boys across the room are turning their desks around to face each other. What are they doing that for? Even SHE is turning to say something to the red-head behind her. Another group has turned to face each other, pulling pens and paper out of their bags. One even pulls out the book we had been supposedly reading at home for the past two weeks. No one really had, but Mr. Lewis didnt test over the stuff anyway, so why bother?

Then the girl realizes, theyre partnering up! A wave of panic sweeps over her. Of course, while she had been daydreaming, they had been assigned to find a partner, and do what?! She hadnt caught this little detail.

"Marie?" A small voice from two seats behind me calls. "Marie? Do you have a partner?"

Releif floods the the girl as she realizes not everyone had been taken! She had someone! It was only little Anne Sulvia, but it was someone, none the less.

"No Anne, I dont have a partner yet. Lets work together."

Annes face radiates as a huge smile breaks across it. Shiny white teeth are perfectly straight, thanks to the braces Anne had the past two years. Marie remembered the brilliant metal that seemed to fill everyones mouths in middle school. The memory was a funny one, but short lived, for when Mr. Lewis came over to repeat the already given assignment, it was gone. He was obviously annoyed with the short attention span of his first class of the day.

Anne moved to the desk immediately behind Marie. The boy that had been sitting there had moved all the way across the room to join a buddy of his.

They both pulled out spirals, and Marie used this oppurtunity to catch a glimpse of HER, Jen, sitting with Sabrina, the red-head. Sabrina was laughing at something Jen had said. What was so funny?? Marie didnt get it. Why did everyone love Jen so much, when she was so evil? No one but Marie could see it. Her caniving, her rudeness, her everything! It was disgusting, how people flocked to her.

"Lets start shall we?" Anne said with some actual confidence in her voice. She was writing something on paper. Marie couldnt remember the last time Anne had said anything to her at all, let alone ask to work with her, and then START the assignment herself. Anne was definately a follower. Never doing anything until someone told her it was right. I guess people can change, Marie thought.

 

Twenty minutes later, with the assignment completed and turned in, and all the desks put back to their original positions, Marie sat and thought. Anne was really sweet. She had found that out today. She was super smart, sweet, and actually pretty hilarious. Marie might just pick her instead of one of her regular first choices, when they work in groups again.

The bell rings, everyone is on the edge of their seats, waiting to be told they could leave. Mr. Lewis says someting about reading pages 85 through 92 for homework, then says they can go. Marie jumps up, her bag is on her desk, she goes to grab it and sling it on her shoulder, but too late realizes the zipper is wide open. She gasps as every book and paper and pencil in her bag flys over a whole row of desks, landing with loud clinks and clangs on the tile floor. Knowing they only have 3 minutes in between classes, and her next class is all the way across the school, Marie runs to get all her things and go. Shes bent over on the floor, scooping up thousands of pens it seems. Since when has she had so many pens?! It seems like she can NEVER find a pen when she needs one. Everyone is gone from the room, even Mr. Lewis, who has probably left for more coffee. Marie glances up to see someone re-enter the room. Its Jen and Marie hears her grumbling about leaving something behind.

She stops and sees Marie frantically shoving things in her bag on the cold tile floor. Jen swoops down and collects the remaining folders and loose leaf papers. Marie is speechless, staring at Jen as she continues to help without being asked to. Jen looks up smiling, handing them to Marie, "Here you go. I hope youre not late to your next class, where is your class? Mine is right across the hall so Im good. Do you have everything? Are you missing anything? Im so sorry, I hate it when this happens, Im such a clutse, seems to happen to me all the time!" Jen laughs and stands up, grabbing Maries hand to help her up as well. Marie is still trying to understand what just happened when Jen grabs her once-forgotten binder off her desk. The binder is hot pink with HIS name written all over the back in dozens of fonts and sizes. The reminder would have been painful before today, but now it just makes her remember of when she used to do that. She still had the green binder at home to prove it.

"Well, Ill see you around Marie," Jen smiles once again and walks out the door, binder and bag in hand.

© 2011 K8lyn


Author's Note

K8lyn
Hows the ending? I wasnt sure if I needed to add a "final thought" or anything...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow. Really nicely written. I liked it. Although for one line you switched from 3rd person to 1st person. lol This line: " "Marie?" A small voice from two seats behind me calls. "Marie? Do you have a partner?" Releif floods the the girl as she realizes not everyone had been taken! She had someone!"

And you spelled relief wrong. lol :D

But I liked it. Maybe it does need an extra thought at the end. But I think it's good! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

On second thought, I think this story might work better if you wrote it in 1st person. lol Just a thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. Really nicely written. I liked it. Although for one line you switched from 3rd person to 1st person. lol This line: " "Marie?" A small voice from two seats behind me calls. "Marie? Do you have a partner?" Releif floods the the girl as she realizes not everyone had been taken! She had someone!"

And you spelled relief wrong. lol :D

But I liked it. Maybe it does need an extra thought at the end. But I think it's good! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is like...MY Life! theres a girl in my history class that sleeps around with this guy that I thought I liked and I hate her so much!!! I could relate to this so well! I loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011

Author

K8lyn
K8lyn

Denton, TX



About
I am an average perfectionist. I'm slightly OCD. (SLIGHTLY if you didnt catch that.) I like poetry and LOVE books. I call myself artsy. um... my favorite color is green. I'm all about 80.. more..

Writing
A bit of blue A bit of blue

A Story by K8lyn


panic attack panic attack

A Story by K8lyn