Bitter Bliss

Bitter Bliss

A Poem by Kaitlin Shea
"

Not quite a poem, eh? B. Alliteration

"

Brimming barely over the boundaries of the bay, the black water brings back blissful thoughts of better days. Bartering bitter-by-time memories with my barely existing sanity, I bring my body into the buttery sand of the beach, burying my bones to in turn bury my regrets.

 

I beg for the blissful, blistering, blinding heat that only the big yellow burning ball in the sky can bring, but the blackness of the night blocks any hopes of basking under the beating sun.

 

Building a bridge between the past, best days of my life, and the bittersweet beginning of my present existence, I go beyond the borders of my mind and long-buried thoughts bounce into my brain.

 

Breezes of memories and whispers of breath-taking boys brush my hair out of my face, but one boy in particular buys my whole brain. I brace myself for the blow of un-bottling his memory but instead find myself buoyant; like the boat billowing out off of the bay.

 

“Baby,” his voice broke through the silence. “So beautiful.” His breath burned my neck. His voice blossomed into the ringing of bells, comparable to the bells before a wedding, bringing a bride into her new life; a birth of sorts.

 

Broken as we became, we were once bound together, both of us caught in our own little bottle, oblivious to the fact that we boiled together and we were trapped; bound to pop the top or at least brim over. But we boxed ourselves in; refused to believe.

 

We were buzzed off each other; blessed. We believed in our un-breakability, unaware of just how brittle the balance was.

 

Barely lasting bliss is better than none at all, isn’t it?

 

Bliss, no matter the breadth, is beautiful.

© 2010 Kaitlin Shea


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are looking for things where they are to be found. A true sign of wisdom. You look for heat from the sun, the caress of the wind, and the love from you boy. Excellent!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Again, wow. Fantastic--the alliteration is great! And I lovelovelove the plot or idea behind this. Great!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very nice piece. Love is so difficult, just to have it there in your life is a wonder. It is so hard when is gone. keep writing. Nice job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010

Author

Kaitlin Shea
Kaitlin Shea

GA



About
I'm Kaitlin. I love to write almost anything, but "About Me" sections are the exception. Okay, let's see. The favorite authors would be George Orwell, John Green, and Ellen Hopkins. I also have .. more..

Writing