Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Kakashi Nuttcase

She ran through a puddle and wiped away the rain. Elizabeth is her name, but the prey is a more proper name for her. She's been running from "The Slasher"for twenty minutes. She stumbled over a rock and slid into the mud.

"Yes you heard right, "The Slasher." The one who has been hunting down women for years, he's never been caught. He gets a high off of watching their fear as they run from the predator. Some times their even raped." Announced David.

She turned to face him, crawling away. He chuckled while holding up his knife, normally it was done by a with a scalpel.

"The only thing that could be worse is he takes their bodies and leaves them in one of the homes of the detective. He never accidentally leaves something at the crime scene, it's always meant to tease the police. How horrible, you go to work thinking everything's fine. You plan your day, what your going to eat, and when to get your work done. Then you come home and is relentlessly attacked by the predator. You fight for your life and wish to live. He sedates you and takes you to a mysterious room. You wake up and find him watching you. He say "Don't worry, I'll give you a chance"before setting a timer and watching you run." Added David.

She cried and her back hit the wall. Her arm shielded her eyes and she waits, waits for the blood, waits for the pain. The last thing she hears is"I thought you would be more of a chase." The rest of the room started to file out as David sat there at his desk. Slumped over he cleared his forehead of the sweat and sighed. David Haymen is a fairly good looking man, brown hair, brown eyes. Light tan skin with slight laugh lines imprinted into his face. He's 5 foot and 9 inches, 32 years in age. Fairly skinny and doesn't disagree unless you defile the victim in some way.

He had been trying to crack this case for a year now. "The Slasher"was good, but he never kept a pattern unless wanted and that frustrated David. A serial killer, 33 women to be exact. Just a second ago a few detectives wanted information on the case. They taunted and mocked and pricked until David exploded with a calm sense of anger. He told them all the crimson details of the kills and violation he caused for half of them. David hated it, it just made him sick to his stomach. The way this man slaughtered these women, just so horrible. He thought it was just so amazing how he could take a women's life so easily, yet he's never tested it on males. Well at least so far as they know. When the bodies are found, their either cut into bits or are left in whole, but only whole when the women have been... violated in some way that would make a decent person sick. Just like David himself.

"David you have to come out of there eventually"stated Kelly dryly.

She knocked several times on his door. This was of the norm, after all David is completely devoted to the case.

"We have another body in the morgue." Kelly added.

He'd normally protest, but I guess this was a exception. He slammed his hands down and stood from his old dusty desk. She stepped back as he slammed the door open, pulling on his coat in the process. She rolled her eyes, that black suit made him look like a total goof. He glanced over at his partner and grinned.

Kelly Linda is a extremely attractive women, age 33. Men gawk often and she normally wears curve forming clothes. Height same as David. Today she chose to wear a red knee length dress, with red high heels, all of which to match her hair. Her hair drops to about the middle of her back. She has a bright white smile, long shapely legs, and blue eyes. Long eye lashes, very mature and young face, and a great need to smother "The Slasher."

"Lets go, I want to get this b*****d"David said.

Kelly rested her hand on his shoulder waiting for him to look back.

"You can't let it get to you so easily." Kelly said, her tone soft gentle.

His eyes closed with much concern. She did always worry about him, never knew why.

"Don't worry, I'm not caught up in the case. Just worry about this new victim. All your concern and worries should go to the next woman, after all this is number 34." David stated.

Kelly his friend and partner, always listened and follow him. She knew he was only trying to help, but it's been years now and he can't get a single lead. If he kept up like this, he might just go insane, isn't that how they all go. Kelly on the other hand wanted to find him, but she wanted to be the one to slaughter him as he did to all those women. She felt being her gender it was only natural, if you could call it natural to want to chop some one into tiny little pieces.

"David, I'm not much worried about the case, but to as how your still handling your wife's death."

His face went dark his hair immediately covered his depression as he looked down to the harsh yellow carpet.

"That b*****d raped and murdered my beloved Annie, but that won't effect how much I hate him. I always hated him this much. The only difference is, that nothings stopping me from leaving the files, the case."

That stabbed her, the case, the files. He talked about her as if she was some burden, some useless being. She knew better then that, she knew he loved her more then life it's self. The only reason he said those things was that he left her after a fight. He went got a couple of drinks and stayed the night at a buddies house, really unusual for him. He awoke pounding headache, gagging feeling, terrible breathe, and a worry for his loved one. He stretched and climbed from the floor, not to mention pulled out the slice of pizza from his hair.(messy friend) He walked home tired and confused. He fiddled with the keys and finally managed to open the beautiful door. But what he saw then was something no one should have to see. His trembling hand came to his gaping mouth. He tried to cover up his gasp and horrid tears, but how could he. Annie sat limply in one of the kitchen chairs. Blond hair matted in a forest of blood, eyes wide open full of fear, skin pale and lifeless. Her body uncovered to show what he truly did to her. Bruises trailed her legs, inner thighs, arms, and upper chest. Blood surrounded the chair and dripped from her arms. One large gash slid over her carotid artery and that was that. She looked up as if hoping to god that she would live. He sank to his knees and tried not to scream as streams relieved from his large openings called eyes. His hand dropped to his side and he dropped the keys. It pondered the ground with clings of metal. He stayed that way for hours, not answering his phone. Kelly became worried after several turned down calls and went to find him. She opened the door and found the mess that was David. She dropped to his level and embraced him in her arms. He collapsed from his tough act and cried, he truly wept for the first time in years, since his daughter died from a fatal disease. The only thing he wondered to this day was, how can do that and not feel guilt?

"I know, but you can't be handling this very well, it's only been three months and your going straight emotionless"she stated.



© 2011 Kakashi Nuttcase


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
Added on July 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011


Author

Kakashi Nuttcase
Kakashi Nuttcase

WY



About
I simply am here for feedback and to give feedback. more..

Writing