Hiding The Truth

Hiding The Truth

A Chapter by Kakashi Nuttcase

Kelly came home after a while to meet Jake at the door. He look agitated. There was probably a good chance Elijah told him. So they went to bed with silence.


Kelly dropped the pot. Reaching down for it she noticed a flicker of something bright. Under the counter she reached for it and brought it to visible proportions. What she held was a tool of some sort; maybe a scalpel, that's when she realizes who her fiance really is.


She dropped the tool sliding backwards. What was she going to do. Kelly wasn't used to this as much as David. It all came to her now. He was in her house, the whole time either as Jake or as a stalker. He touched her stuff looked at her messy home and maybe he was the one she was intimate with. She shivered. Immediately thoughts burst through her head. What if it really was Jake he killed David's wife and child. He raped and tore apart women.


She brought her hands to her face. This was it. This is what she is. Kelly stood put a brave face on and picked up the tool. No matter how scared she was before she always took it and swallowed it down. This is who she has always been and now she is back from hiding under 'The Slasher's' magnifying glass. She walked past the trash can quickly and secretly throwing the tool in. Kicking the cans side so as for it to fall to the bottom. Quickly she left it behind without looking back and opened the door.


Her fear swallowed her pain brought into a scowl. That is all she needed a poker face. She would hide her emotions from the world and take control of her surroundings like she used to. She went to soft with Jake and now she wasn't gonna let it happen. She let the scalpel slip out of her mind. She leaped into her car. Off she would look through the clues they had and maybe think of Jake as a suspect.


David called Kelly repeatedly only to get her voiceless.


Hey sorry I couldn't make it, I'm probably-”


A male voice cut into hers on the voice mail.


With me.”


The voice mail ended. Leaving David to quickly respond with a message she would receive later.


Um... It's David. Oh s**t I don't have anything to say, just call me back-”


This is probably like the hundredth voice mail but I need to talk with you-”


Jake that b*****d made you shut off you phone didn't he!-”


I'M SICK OF BEING TREATED LIKE THIS I'M GOING-”


Kelly answered.


Hello, is this David?”


Yeah, Yeah!”


He was so excited that she responded and knew it was him in the first place. But something was off.


Hey Kelly um..-”


I really can't talk right now. If you want to speak with me come to my office and help me with this case.”


She hung up quickly. She was fully serious. If it wasn't Jake she would prove it if it was Jake she would prove it. She wasn't wanting to be so cold to David, but considering all the messages he left and the recent incident that it wasn't good to talk. She was determined to take that b*****d into her hands free both David and herself. Brake his chains that held them into the frigged night. To brake the chains that kept David's pain inside.


She flipped through the folder. Nothing except what he left them. It was bringing in the memories. She took a sharp breathe. All the gruesome details of a murderer locked into one simple folder. It would make any normal person sick. Not just a woman like most would say. She could stomach it more then David and that is why it surprised her that he looked more into the folder then she ever had.


David had gone through so much. So much that she would never be able to fully connect to his emotions. His inner self is hidden from society and holds a friendly guard. A weak guard that makes friends to easy and a guard that doesn't trust men very well. Those guards don't help him at all. You would think he would entrust men more, but consisting what happened to his family.


She understood though that it wasn't a real family. It was just starting and that is probably what hurt David so much. The fact that he was in love and starting a family. He thought through the future and thought 'hey I wonder who my daughter will marry.' 'Will she grow up as a fine young woman?' No he didn't get the answers, no they were lies. Filthy lies getting his hopes up for the future.


David ran to Kelly's home. He was going to check with Jake, make sure that he knew this. Well that and to get more information from the traitor. He knocked hard and forcefully on the door. Making it echo and wake up the groggy fiancee.


He rolled over from the sound and fell to the ground. Enlightening a thud, David stopped. Jake shook his head rebelliously. He knew quiet well who it was. No one else normally came to his lovers home. He didn't dare open his eyes they weren't awake yet. So he blindingly reached out through the rooms floor for some pants. Quickly they were in his grasp. He pulled the denim on and stalked towards the door. Glaring eyes making a whole through the wood and into David's head.


Oh thank god your awake.” David announced.


He rammed past the half awake man and started babbling past word recognition.


David shut the f**k up!” Jake exclaimed.


He was startled by Jake's words. He normally was the cold supervising type, yet again he hadn't seen him after just waking. He straightened and waited for the man to turn from the door to him.


Jake do you know where Kelly went?”


He looked at David; slamming the door shut. He looked like the grudge he was pissed. David didn't show it, but he was actually used to this aura for some reason. As uncertain as he was he kept his gaze fixed on Jake.


How the hell should I know, god your as stupid as she is.”


David glared unconsciously and settled back into his regular expression soon realizing what he his facial expression was. He understood the mans anger, but even saying those things crosses a very thick line. A line he had crossed before. The memory of them in the car cam back. Same with the memory in which they... He sighed giving a painful squint. He had caused her so much pain, so much worry. Jake took the advantage of his daydream moment and went into the bedroom. Locking the door. He was woken to the click.


Jake!”


He ran to the door. Banging hard upon it.


Don't do this.”


He pinched his eyes shut. Almost in tears. He slammed his fists down on the door one more time; sliding down the to the floor once on all fours he began speak in a low tone.


Jake if you think it's this easy to forget about your problems your wrong. Your going to cause Kelly so much pain. Just listen to me. When she wakes up don't immediately start announcing her schedule, tell her how beautiful she is. And don't try to make her a deluxe breakfast, just give her a cup of coffee with a spoon full of cream and sugar. And when calls come answer with Kelly's home; she loves how her name sounds when spoken by her lover. And afterwords when your snuggled closely to her don't talk about the previous moment talk about her day. Ask her about her emotions. Suck up yours.” He began to get angry. “Your not aloud to act like a b*****d, because Kelly has to much emotions. She need all the support you can give her. Don't allow her to be unhappy! Live your life on making that woman smile!”


Jake began to chuckle to himself. David was so pitiful to him, letting sadness show in front of others. Especially telling his rival the cheat codes to winning the games. He was such a stupid man.



© 2011 Kakashi Nuttcase


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

Kakashi Nuttcase
Kakashi Nuttcase

WY



About
I simply am here for feedback and to give feedback. more..

Writing