Iceberg

Iceberg

A Story by Kate Ruta
"

Another story for my class. It was an activity to write an iceberg story. No real title.

"

I don’t every truly remember a time when I could talk to that woman about what I truly feel. Every time I speak of her to talk to her I can’t be truly honest to her. Wanting to tell her everything I truly think but can’t, I just keep it to myself and hold in all the anger and rage. Our time together never seems to work out.

            “I thought you said you were going to get the car fix. I asked you to go call up the dealer ship and make an appointment?” The mother asked, in an agitated voice, knowing that she wants to say much more and make it come across differently. She was annoyed and frustrated at her son for not doing this, for not fixing the problem that needs to be fixed. She thinks to herself, why can’t he ever do this right. He never seems to get anything done. Oh, how I hate his laziness and his attitude. Oh, how she wants to tell her son off.

            “I said I would do it and I will do it.” The son said to his mother. God, I wish she would just shut up and leave me alone. Every time something needs to be done she is on my case about it and is never happy.  

            “You said you would do it last Friday and you missed that date.” The mother said to her son in a calm manner, but wanting to blow up at him wanting to tell him off. To tell him, get off you lazy butt and do something productive for once. She wants him to do this but is avoiding the aftermath.

            She doesn’t quiet know how to tell her son to stop being lazy and to start doing things. She doesn’t want to seem like the crazy mom. She doesn’t tell her son the truth and what on her mind because of how he would react and because of this she holds up the tension the problem that stirs around in her mind.

“Yes, I know you said to do it last Friday. I didn’t have time to call and make an appointment. Get off my case.” The son said to his mother in a somewhat steady grinding tone. The son just wanting to shout at her telling her to go away, he doesn’t care.

            Both son and mother wanting to say so much more but can’t, both have a filter in them. They both have that strong head personality all they ever do is butt heads but neither wants to deal with it. Mother and son wanting to say so much more to each other but can’t.

            “Why is that when I ask you to do something you make a big deal about it but when your father was around and asked you to do something you did it?” His mother asked.

            “I don’t know. I just did.” He said to her but knowing the real truth. In honestly he thought, I did it because he never nagged me about it. I did it because he was my father and really cool and you just pushed him a way from me from everyone all because you didn’t like certain things. I don’t like you actually I hate you. I want nothing to do with you as a mother. The son wants to do nothing but yell at his mother to show her how much he hates her but wasn’t going to do that. So he decides to just get her annoyed and get her angry.

            The mother just looks and finally gives ups.

            “I will do it for you then just to make this easy for the both of us.” She told her son.

She went into the kitchen thinking to her on how much she want to yell and through a fit towards her son. How much she wants tell him that she gives up and that he on his own. She can’t do that to her son, she already drove her husband away and she is now realizing she driving her son away but she won’t admit that it her fault for everything.

            Both have so much to say to each other and yet both can’t say what they truly want to say to each other.

© 2014 Kate Ruta


Author's Note

Kate Ruta
ignore spelling and grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014