Pills Bread

Pills Bread

A Story by Kate Ruta
"

Short story based off of another short story I read.

"

Pills Bread

 

            I was walking down the street in the cold wintery day. I was gazing at the snowfall around me. I then saw this little girl. I’ve seen this girl before around town. She always rides on the back of her dog. Her dog came running up to towards me. The little girl looks up at me and smiled.

“Hi. My name is Pill. This is my dog Lady Macbeth,” she smiled.

“Hello,” I said back to her smiling.

“Come to my house later today. 77 Triphammer Lane.”

            She smiled and gave a little nudge into the side of her dog and the dog turned away and started to run. I looked at her wondering why she invited me to her house. I hear many stories about special bread and what happens when you eat it. I didn’t think of anything about it. I thought what so special about this bread and now that I am invited to her house, I thought lets go and see what everyone is talking about.

            I went on with my day trying to figure out if I should go to her house or not. It was around four o’clock when I finally decided to go to her house. I wandered slowly to her house thinking about what the bread was going to be like. I finally showed up to her house around 4:30. I knocked on the door and Pill opened the door.

“I am glad you came,” she smiled widely while sitting on her dogs.

“Please come in,” she said and then her father comes walking up behind her. He smiled waving at me to come in. I smiled at them and slowly walked in. Pill grabbed my hand and dragged me into the kitchen. She brought me to a round table and pointed to a chair telling me to sit. I sat down at the table. Pill bought over a pan with bread in it. The bread was in a shape of a house.  

            I was nervous to eat this bread at first. For a moment I just looked at the bread and then I could smell the smell of fresh bread. I always loved fresh homemade bread. So I finally took a bite. When I took a bite I got a tingling sensation in my mouth. Then in a moment all these flavors came into my mouth. The taste of every fruit that I have eaten in my life, apples, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, and pineapples along with other fruits along with that taste was a slight taste of vodka as if I was eating fruit vodka bread. Then all of the sudden the flavor changes and then my body started to feel warm and then the flavor of hot chocolate and peppermint that flavor took over all my sensation. That flavor I only tasted once. I tasted it when the boy down the street was over for New Year’s Eve and he kissed me when the ball fell. That moment when he kissed me my body warmed and the hot chocolate and peppermint flavor that stayed on my lips afterwards. When eating this food, this bread many flavors came in and out. Thoughts went through my head starting to make is spin, remember things that I couldn’t normally remember like the time I ate a special pumpkin cinnamon flavored cake that was meant for my grandmother but not remember it until that sensation of pumpkin came into my mouth.

            So many things went through my head and so many feels came and go.  After I ate it, I looked at Pill and smiled at her the sweat innocent little girl who makes you feel and see things that you have forgotten.

            “Thank you Pill,” I said standing up. “Thank you for giving me this, it was a beautiful gift,” I told her as I went up to her to give her a huge. What Pill gave me and to others is something that no one can really give, but this little special girl could give it. I thanked her father and walked towards the door.

            As I walked down the street all I could do was smile at how amazing that bread was. The memories I regained that was forgotten.

© 2014 Kate Ruta


Author's Note

Kate Ruta
ignore grammar and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014

Author

Kate Ruta
Kate Ruta

CT



Writing
By the Sea By the Sea

A Poem by Kate Ruta


Iceberg Iceberg

A Story by Kate Ruta