Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Katie Marie

The one thing I can distinguish in this confused state is how dark it is. It's not the kind of dark, like when the lights are out and your door is closed, or the dark of the night outside. In both of those situations at least you still have the moonlight. My case is different. It's pitch black. The kind of suffocating, lifeless black that makes me feel as if I'm trapped in a room with walls that seem to slowly creep their way closer and closer, enclosing me inside until crushing me and forming me into a creature of the night. It's the kind of dark that promises no light, and I feel something. Fear. As my senses sharpen, and I remain stuck here in this everlasting darkness, a sound surrounds me; the sound of rice krispies, only amplified like cracking wood. It's as if I'm awake, but I see nothing. I hear one last thing before I fall into a state of total unconsciousness.
Someone's screaming.


© 2011 Katie Marie


Author's Note

Katie Marie
This was written by Cheyenne and Katie Marie. If you haven't looked at any of Cheyenne's writing, I would encourage you to do so. :)
Please let us know what you think of it so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You both are great writers and I love this. You surely have to go on with this or otherwise I will force you :) No kidding, but I did like it very much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So far I think you should keep writing this whenever you have a chance. Just from this brief paragraph I am interested in what is going to come next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Totally dark and spine chilling! Pitch darkness, rice krispies, very creative

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love it so far! it makes me want to read more and more... great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it so far! It's very dark!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

Hippyville, WI



About
I was introduced to this site by a friend who is an amazing writer. Thank you to my friend Cheyenne. About my writing: I don't ever write poems that rhyme. (So, if those are the poems you like to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Escape Escape

A Poem by Katie Marie