Allura's Secret

Allura's Secret

A Story by Eliott
"

It happens in a dream, but a dream you can control. Not a dream where things happen, but a dream where you do things, you make choices; it's like life.

"
It happens in a dream, but a dream you can control. Not a dream where things happen, but a dream where you do things, you make choices; it's like life.
Then you see her, you see that place, and you can't help wanting to go there. Her name is Allura. She's there in that place, and she's so happy. You have to feel that happiness. You want to go to that beautiful place. Then wanting turns into longing and longing turns into yearning and yearning turns into needing. You NEED to go to that place. You HAVE to go to that place. This is also because the girl there is not only happy, she is beautiful. POWERFULLY beautiful. Alluring. Intriguing. She has a look of innocence that only babies have. She looks pure; sinless.
She is tall and limber and has long, straight, flowing blue hair, big golden eyes, pink skin, and a flawless face. She has the most elegant grace, as she dances smoothly, gently, clothed in a cloud of silver mist. She dips her toe into a pool of silvery water and flings it up creating a rainbow.
You pray that you can experience this bliss and you cry tears of joy as you begin to come closer to this place. As you approach, she takes your hand inviting you to dance with her. Suddenly you are light, free, graceful. You experience joy like never before.
She says to you before you leave, "You can come back here and dance with me every night, but first can you promise me something?" She speaks as quietly as a whisper, but smoother, her voice lacks rasp. She says "Can you keep my secret?"
You promise to keep the secret, not knowing what it is. She offers you three chances to leave, and each time you refuse. After all, why would you want to leave this ecstasy?
Then, she whispers the secret, like a harsh wind, the rasp that her voice lacked before was present now, times ten. All of the innocence that was on her face of deceiving beauty vanishes. Heaven turns to hell. The pool of water turns red and she dips her toe in once more, but this time blood rains down, staining your skin. She begins dancing again, spinning faster and faster like a horrible tornado, holding your hand and taking you with her.
After hours of torturous horror, you awake, relieved that it was only a dream. But you soon discover it was much more. Her chilling voice haunts you, her secret overwhelming your every thought. Every night, you are forced to dance with her in your dreams.
Soon enough, she creeps into your reality. Her secret becomes more and more real. In fact, it was real all along. It becomes more and more a part of your life. You spend your whole life trying to blame someone else, because you CAN'T blame her. If you did, you would be eternally punished, a million times more than you already are. Besides, she's just a figment of your subconscious, right? Your mind created her somehow right? Nobody would believe you anyway, right?
And besides, you can't pass the secret on to someone else, cause someone else to suffer. It finally reaches the point where you can't take the pain, the paranoia, the anxiety anymore. You finally act on what you have been considering from the beginning. But here's what you don't know: when you die, the secret, the dream, everything gets passed on to whomever was closest to you. Let's just hope they take one of the offers and leave, before it's too late.

© 2013 Eliott


Author's Note

Eliott
This is actually a preview of a novel I'm working on. I don't want to put up the novel yet, because I don't know if I will be able to finish it soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You still need to send me chapter four. And this is a great preview. Why don't you put your actual novel on the website?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Again, sorry about the format.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013
Tags: Dream, secret, heaven, hell, Allura

Author

Eliott
Eliott

IL



About
Hey guys. If you remember me, I used to write here under the name Katie. Katie is gone. We are Eliott now. We have always used writing as an outlet, and ever since we were little we wanted to be a .. more..

Writing
Flip a Switch Flip a Switch

A Poem by Eliott