~Chapter One~

~Chapter One~

A Chapter by sweetylee1994

"look, Jason, it isn't that simple." Debra said sharply. Her eyes were locked on his with frustration.
    "Debra..." He paused and took a deep breath. "How many times are we going to go through this? I told you, the divorce isn't final until next month. Until then, you'll just have to hold on and wait."
     "Jason-"
     "I know."
     "I can't wait that long."
     "I know."
     "he-"
     "I know. He isn't right in the head. I'm trying my hardest. You must give me time, Deb." He rose from the table and glared at her with concern.
     "But, Jason-"
     "Look. Debra, I've got to go. It's getting late." Jason pulled out his wallet and began to flip through it.
     "I'll pay for it." Debra said as she reached into her purse.
     "fine." was all he said as Jason strode out of the restaurant with out another word.
     Debra quickly paid for their meals and left. "What a day!!" She mumbled to herself as she climbed into the front seat of her SUV. "I can't believe I let him do me like this" She thought. "and for so long....."
      She pulled into the parking lot to the apartments. Hers was apartment 413, but before she could get to it he stopped her. Brain stood over her in the way that he does when he felt great control, when he had the urge to intimidate people. He shifted his eyes to her van then back at her, glaring down his nose at her. "Where were you? What have you been doing?"
     "I was just-" She started, but her sentence was shortly broken off because Brian jerked her up by the arm.
     "Look, wench. I know where you've been!" He took a deep breath through his nose as if to suck her in. "I can tell. I'm not stupid. You smell of him."
     "WHAT?!" Debra jumped at his insane accusation."Are you nuts?!"
      Brian ignored her remark. "But, I won't let you do this to me!" At that Debra could smell the alcohol on his breath. It was so thick she nearly fainted on it.
     "You're drunk, Brian!" Debra pulled her arm free of his grasp. "I've been married to you for five years now, and not once have I cheated on you! You-"
     "So you have?!"
     "No. No I haven't Brian. For the trouble, I almost wish I had. Our divorce isn't final until next month. I'm packing my stuff tonight. I'll be gone in the morning."
     "Wait-Deb."
     "No, Brian. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you. I can't take any more. You had you're chance, and you let it slip between your fingers. I'm leaving." And with that she slipped away from him and made her way to the apartment.

   It was 2:32 A.M. and it had been a long drive to West Virginia. She was still on the road. She left her small town apartments and she was on her way to a new and better life out in the mountains-in the hills of West Virginia.
    


© 2010 sweetylee1994


Author's Note

sweetylee1994
^_^ Please note any grammar issues. I will fix them right away. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm can't take any more. change i'm to I! :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it :] I will read it more tonight or at Bridgette's!!!!!!!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on February 8, 2010
Tags: love, romance, longing, endearment