the cloth

the cloth

A Chapter by Katt Knipp
"

Epeclese observes, while Lady Luna leads a funeral

"

Epeclese sat staring down at the reflecting pool watching Nero and Abbie. Waiting from when trinity and Taren would come out of hiding. It had taken him some time to find out where there souls had gone but he had, and sense then he kept a close on what they were doing. Trinity though in hiding had managed to keep the people from crumbling while keeping her reincarnation from fully understanding what was happening. Taren always came back and always found trinity to protect her. This time however he was determined to strike them before they became a risk and end what had started long ago, he was tired of there games. He had gone and tried to kill nero while he was a boy but it had been trinity who had come out of hiding long enough to save him.

His plans foiled he was forced to sit back once again and do nothing but watch, growling he pushed the slave woman from his lap she stumbled to the floor with a screech but then promptly closed her mouth. “ that stupid woman has to go, she can't simply accept the fact that she lost” he roared to no one. The woman on the floor just looked at the ground, she had once been Trinity's closest friend which was why Epeclese took her as his own. His own way of spiting in trinity's face sense she had escaped. The woman was beautiful and graceful and sadly forever shackled to the throne for him to do with as he pleased.

He turned and stared at the woman “ you! You know her better then anyone” he marched over grabbing her arm and hauling her to her feet. “ No! No I don't, I don't know her anymore then you now” she cried as she struggled to get away from him, his years of hatred had turned him ugly and cold. He pulled her closer, her head turning to avoid any contact with him “ I kept you around because you were useful, if your telling me you've out lived your usefulness then I will put an end to you now” he dragged his tongue up her neck, she had to force herself not to cringe away from him. “ you keep me around because you can't have what you really wanted to begin with” she said bitterly. It was a verbal slap across Epeclese's ego, and he wasn't going to have any of that. “ is that right” he growled in anger “ perhaps its time I create an hire” he curled his lips into a curl smile knowing that she would only loath bearing his child. “ I would kill myself first” she spat hatred in her eyes. “ but that's perfect silver light , a child born of hate and raised to rule, the perfect punishment knowing you have helped me take down your best friend, and to ensure that you bore my child I'd have you chained up, you'd be fed and cleaned and tended to regularly, of course i'd come to visit you, because you'd become my wife so i'd be able to do with you what ever I pleased. Oh, yes I do believe that is the perfect punishment” he snarled as he forced her body to form against his. “ or I could take over your mind and force you're love you'd be able to see and know you hate me but you'd have no control over your self..... thats even better let you hear with your own voice as you beg to carry my child, beg for me to give you my seed” he smiled.

She had grown silent knowing her fate was being sealed with each word he spoke. “ see you are accepting what I am telling you already aren't you?” he chuckled “ you'll forever be my toy, my wife, my prisoner.” he whispered into her ear as he hiked up the back of her dress. “ I have been kind allowing you to have clothes, now you no longer need them” he tore the dress from her exposing her bear flesh to all the guards in the room. She refused to let him shame her so she stood proudly standing not as a slave but a lady of the guiding lights. He growled and forced a deep harsh kiss on her as he wove his spell making her his own a willing slave to what ever he wanted her to be and as the spell was cast she began to willingly kiss him back, her eyes glazed over and the spark that was her suppressed.

Inside her mind she was nothing but a naked woman watching through a mirror as she screamed at herself to wake up.

Epeclese stepped back smiling “ ah silver light how you must be screaming inside” he cupped her cheek. The doll like slave stood staring at him, her body nothing more then a puppet that he toyed with. He walked behind her “ I think you will get a new name sense you are no longer silver light. I thank fate is a better name for you” he pulled her against his body loving that he could control her and knowing she hated every second of it and unable to do anything. “ tell me fate are you ashamed, all these guards in the room staring at your naked flesh.?”

her cheeks flushed as if just realizing she was standing there naked “ yes “ she whispered casting her eyes down avoiding everyone's eyes. “ and what if I did this” he whispered as he forced her to spread her legs. “ if this is what pleases you my lord” she let her body sag back against his and her head rest against his shoulder. He pushed her to the ground disgusted with her at the moment “ just go away get out of my sights go wait in my room i'll be there eventually “ he hadn't realized that she was still shackled to his thrown. Growling at his own display of stupidity he threw his sword and shattered the link that held her in place. Fate took the cue to follower her masters orders to go to his bed chambers.

epeclese strolled to the balcony and stared down at lunara, the world that would be his. he glowered from the palace of eternal light his first grate grate conquest. he snorted but it wasn't the prize that he had desired, she had escaped him daring him in all the gracefulness , strength and power she possessed. he would have her taren would bleed to death as he watched him take trinity as his own.


the sound of the town bell ringing woke her but she was unwilling to open her eyes and face what the bell was announcing. she curled into a tight ball hugging her knees to her chest as the stream of tears began afresh. soon the ringing would be replaced with singing and tales of her father. there would be food and laughter. then there would be silence as the funeral fire was lit and everyone gathered around to watch as there beloved friend, husband, father, mentor, was sent up on the embers of the flames to be protected in the goddesses kingdom. she wasnt up for that just yet. in honesty she wasn't sure she would ever be up for that.

the sound of boots against wood sounded with each step, light yet still clinking around. she inhaled deeply the smell of the blankets was purely male and familiar. it relaxed her some knowing she was safe that she didn't have to pretend for anyone. the edge of the bed dipped as someone sat down. " you know im not vary good with words," he said softly " things will have begun, you are welcome to hide here as long as you like abbs " he reached out gently brushing her hair from her cheek before getting up and leaving the room. she laid there her finger tips brushing over the spot he touched. he always left her skin seared with his heat when he touched her.

with a heavy sigh she forced herself to move off the bed and up on to her feet. it was hard for her to do but she managed somehow. with another heavy sigh she ran her fingers through her ling hair doing her best to look somewhat normal but the attempt was half heated. slowly she moved towards the door and found nero leaning against the support beam of his modest home. " hiding has never been my strongest skill" she said trying to force some confidence into her voice and failed.

nero turned , when he saw her standing there it was all he could do not to go to her and sweep her into his arms so he opted to cross his arms over his broad chest. " no you have always been the kind of woman to face your problems head on no matter what it was" he stated proudly " but you are allowed to feel weak." he told her much softer " no one will fault you he was your father ".

she nodded " he is my father that will never change" she sounded so weak even to her own ears. her shoulders slumped in defeat " i don't think i have the strength to be strong right now anyway " she could feel the tickling of tears as they began to bubble to the brim of her already puffy eyes.

" your mother was by asking where you were she wanted to make sure you were alright, she said if you didn't feel up to being there tonight no one would fault you" this time he did give in to the impulse and gently pulled her into his arms . she didn't resist allowing him to cocoon her in his warmth. he gently rubbed her back "go on back inside and lay down i wont bother you i promise " his deep voice vibrating through his chest against her ears as he spoke. his voice always seemed so calm, or maybe it just held the ability to calm her. she wasn't quite feeling strong enough to face her knew reality.

burying her head against his chest she tried to force the tears away but failed. she wanted to hide here in his arms safe and warm, away from all the responsibility of being a peace keeper, away from the worry that she may not see another day through no fault of her own. there in neros arms she felt exactly as she should feel small and womanly. someone who had flaws and weaknesses and it was ok. the tears rain silently down her cheeks, nero was the only one who allowed her those weaknesses, who saw her for her self and held her as an equal not someone who was above himself. she cherish that. " it would be wrong to hide but i cant face the fire as i am what will the people think" she cried.

he held her close, she was so small so female and curvy against him and he thought himself a pig because despite her heart ache he wanted nothing more then to kiss away her tears. while stripping away her clothes so he could finally see the womanly curves she had grown into instead of dreaming about them. he brushed her hair back behind her ear " they will see a grieving daughter who had just lost her beloved father. they will see all the love have for him in the pain you are expressing. they will be understanding and stay silent, you are just as loved in this town as your father was and just as caring and compassionate that's what makes you so beautiful" he said doing his best to reassure her.

she laughed it was short but it was better then the tears, sniffling she closed her eyes and allowed herself this weakness. allowed herself to feel the warmth and love of her best friend as he offered her everything she had always had to hide. granted few knew who she really was , she was still expected to be her fathers daughter which meant that she had to carry herself with dignity and grace to ensure that she never disgraced her family.


nero held her close breathing her in wanting to take and absorb all her pain. his own heart constricting in pain that he was once again helpless to do anything for her. he cursed himself for this weakness, his own lack of power and control over the things that mattered to him. while she had slept he had contemplated what he was going to do. what he came up with shocked even himself. for the first time in his life he was going to leave the cozy little town of pairindale and strike out on his own, he needed to do this for himself before he ever worked up the courage to approach abbie. he needed to be able to offer her something and at present he had nothing. again he came back to the face of when to tell her, when was the perfect time to tell her that he was leaving.

there with her in his arms he knew he would have to wait he couldn't leave her like this. not when she was so unlike herself, she was bound to say something out of turn and have the town in an uproar. on that thought he pulled her closer and took in her clean scent, so fresh it reminded him of the sweet honey suckles and lake. her smell would always invoke the feeling of being at home.

sighing he pulled away and looked at her, her cheeks tear stained, her eyes red and full of hurt, her hair slightly tangled. still he found no flaws in her, she was perfect, she would always be perfect. looking down at her she wiped her cheek gently with the pad of his thumb " whatever you deiced to do abbs i wont let you face it alone" he smiled softly. it seemed like her she had been holding her breath when he had touched her cheek and had released it when he had spoken. was she disgusted by his touch? he couldn't believe that, no he wouldn't believe that. But even still it made him pause.

Taking a steady breath he felt her own chest move with his as if his actions had guided hers, and slowly it seemed that she was easing into a relaxed state of being, and steadily the tears stopped. He watched as she regained herself, appearing calm even though her eyes told a different story, they were a mass of dark and light grey like that of a storm. He had seen those eyes when she was upset and hurt by him.

With a heavy sigh of her own she blinked slowly centering herself, “ as much as I would love to hide here” she looked at him with pain and compassion “ I owe this to my father..........but...” she looked out into the darkness searching for something, then looked back at him almost ashamed to ask it of him, instead she held out her hand “ would you be my strength tonight, stand beside me?” she took the chance and looked into his eyes “ please? I know this is asking a lot but I can't do this along” she gave him a pleading look.

He took her hand, his thumb rubbing over the top of it “ Abbie, you know I have always been at your side” his words holding more meaning then either of them thought possible. She just looked at him as she squeezed his hand tight, sending out a silent pray that he would never leave her.

He cleared his throat “ if you wish to go then i'll gladly escort you my lady, will you be going as luna or as Abbie. Your father's status would be fitting for both, but only one can go” he asked her softly. “ i'd be happy to escort wither one” he shot her a teasing smile. One that sent most of the women in town swooning. He watched the play of emotions cross her face, “ I think my father deserves to be sent off on the magic of luna” she said softly. “ take me home please I need my robes”



the town had gathered to wish their friend and one of the most cherished and influential men on to his next path. There were children playing and dancing to the music and there was women and men all talking. Some had gathered around abbies mother Tara. But the crowed had began to buzz when word was being spread the luna was there. Slowly the people parted making a path as a small figure draped in a light blue robe appeared walking towards the funeral fire being guided by none other then Nero, the town orphan.

Whispers could be heard going from ear to ear as she reached the grief stricken window and mother. “ Tara” Luna spoke softly, but silence fell over the people as they watched, “ may the goddess take your husband into the shelter of light and know peace as none of yet know.” Luna bowed taking taras frail hands into her own before turning, neros hand already out waiting to guide her toward her father.

Walking slowly the people closed the path behind them as Luna and nero approached her father. Nero squeezed her fingers before letting his hand drop from hers bowing as he stepped aside to allow her to continue. She turned taking a steadying breath as she looked over the crowed and took in their emotions, opening herself to lunanara. “ this night, we gather, to celebrate and to morn, he was a guiding force for this town, a kind word for passing strangers, loving husband and father for our widowed sister Tara and his beloved daughter Abbie. I am to understand that the daughters grief was grate and has taken to bed sense his passing.” she fell silent for a moment trying to keep the unsteadiness from her voice. “ we gather to morn not his loss, but to morn ours, as we celebrate his continued journey on his next path with our goddess, she had decided he was ready and who are we to question her wisdom” she raised her hands as the wind began to blow “ i'm here to shuttle his soul on to the next path,” soft light grew from her fathers body as gentle flames licked at the edges of fire. “ we send our love with him to comfort and remind him that he is loved” the glow died and the fire rose consuming the body.

She looked again to the crowed as the silence continued, the awe they held for the power she wielded felt crushing. She felt weak, the casting of magic was more then she had ever had to put out she had never used fire magic. On shaky legs she turned to nero, who was already by her side and taking her hand to help steady her. “ that was beautiful lady Luna” he said with a soft smile then whispered “ he would have been so proud with that display” she nodded her head. “ I need to go” she whispered her hand trembling, Nero seemed to understand while trying to keep her appearance as priestly as possible he moved quickly to get her from prying eyes.

Turning a corner down a empty road they made quick work to take her robes off and stuff them in a bag at neros side, he then swept her into his arms and walked off towards the lake. It was the one place that she always ran to when she needed comfort and time to think. 



© 2016 Katt Knipp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: sifi, fantasy, action, adventure, romance, love.


Author

Katt Knipp
Katt Knipp

OH



About
i'm not sure what to say other then that there have been times that writing has helped me, be it to escape or to simply forgot for a short time. its been amazing to watch the power of words effect my.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Katt Knipp


Cherished Cherished

A Chapter by Katt Knipp