Bundle 5: My Warning to You

Bundle 5: My Warning to You

A Story by Koari
"

A retired FBI agent recalls a letter presented to him from a past case. The sole survivor of a living horror writes a letter for anyone willing to listen. The letter still gives him nightmares.

"

When investigating a crime scene, I was presented with this unsettling letter that the survivor wrote that same night that his life became a living hell. May all who were rest in peace.


"To whomever finds this letter,

If you're ever camping and you come across an abandoned cabin, do not go near it. No matter what you think you need that the cabin may have, approaching it will be your doom. That was our mistake. They create horror movies like this for a reason; because it can, and will, actually happen to you. You will find the cabin, and it will seem abandoned, either waiting for new occupants or left to rot, and you will want to investigate. When looking through a window, and when you see that the whole cabin is indeed vacant, you and your friends will want to enter the house and explore. Don't.

When you enter the house, the first thing you will notice is the enormous amounts of dust and cobwebs everywhere. It will appear as if nothing inside the cabin had been touched for centuries. The floor will creak and groan underneath your feet, a warning that if you do not watch your step, you could fall down into the cellar beneath. As it will begin to grow dark, you or someone else will suggest turning on a light, so one of you will turn on the lamp closest to you, illuminating the room. Everything will appear normal, but don't let it fool you.

One or two of you will want to explore the cellar, while the rest of you will want to check the upstairs beds. Those in the basement will die first. Everyone else will hear nothing more than a muffled scream, and you will be worried, so you will all run downstairs to investigate. If one of the companions manage to escape the basement, they will tell you in a panic what happened to them. Your head will swirl with horrified thoughts, and your body will tremble, but no matter what, do not stick around to find out what killed your friend and get out. If you don't, whoever -or whatever- is secretly inhabiting, or haunting, the cabin will kill you.

This is my warning to any and all who read this letter. Stay away from places that haven't been occupied for a long time. They are abandoned for a reason.

- A friend"

© 2015 Koari


Author's Note

Koari
This is my first attempt at a horror-like short story. Please tell me what you think and if it could be a good concept for a future short story. I may write one based off of this, depending on feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is a neat concept finding a litter that says the movies are real I'm not sure where you want to go with it but partly because there a lot of things you could do it could also be a fun read too the. like people going to the woods and dying like that is done a lot but adding that litter adds an idea that there is something else going on like it's to calm to be from a guy who is about to die or just lost all their friends so i think that person would be fun to read about. It is hard to say much else though since it is just an idea for a larger story but i think I would read that larger story. Like it could use more detail and fleshing out as it didn't even make me feel off but again it's just an idea so it didn't need to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is a neat concept finding a litter that says the movies are real I'm not sure where you want to go with it but partly because there a lot of things you could do it could also be a fun read too the. like people going to the woods and dying like that is done a lot but adding that litter adds an idea that there is something else going on like it's to calm to be from a guy who is about to die or just lost all their friends so i think that person would be fun to read about. It is hard to say much else though since it is just an idea for a larger story but i think I would read that larger story. Like it could use more detail and fleshing out as it didn't even make me feel off but again it's just an idea so it didn't need to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015
Tags: letter, horror, short story

Author

Koari
Koari

CA



About
I love writing in general. I write what I feel, write what I dream about, and write what I see. I also love music and art, so I suppose you'd say I'm one of those creative minded people. I hope you en.. more..

Writing