The Mistress

The Mistress

A Poem by youngpoet98
"

This is my attempt at a prose poem. A man goes to an event to meet his mistress, but things don't go as planned.

"

The electricity in the room preludes the magic that resides. My arms tingle from the shock of what I see with my own eyes. I can sense the power fleeting from person to the next. I can hear the whispers bleeding through the air with solemn breaths. Then I see her, my beautiful mistress. Just as haughty as a woman could be. Hair tied back in a ponytail, and red high heels upon her feet. My heart starts pounding, beating loudly, as our love does now connect. I feign a chuckle and a smile ‘cause she’s just all around perfect. My beloved, would you care to share a dance upon the floor? I’m sorry dear, but loving you has just become too much a chore. As I stand there with my passion dripping poison through my core. Then I stand there, watching, waiting, through the entry’s hallway door. I shall wait and take her home no matter if she does agree. Because I can’t accept the fact that she does not belong to me. 

© 2018 youngpoet98


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on January 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 8, 2018
Tags: Mistress, cheating, event, kidnap, love, rejection, hate

Author

youngpoet98
youngpoet98

whites creek, TN



About
My name is Kayla and I enjoy all things creative. I usually write poems and stories though. I recently started college and I am still not sure what I want to do yet. Right now, all I know is that I wa.. more..

Writing