The end of Sunnydale

The end of Sunnydale

A Story by Kaylie
"

My spin on what happens to the scooby gang after Anya and Spike have died and Sunnydale is no more!

"
I stared for a few moments at the nothingness of Sunnydale. Everything was gone. The Magic Shop, Sunnydale High, Dawn and I's house, everything. I snapped out of my gaze, as I heard Willow calling my name.
"Buffy!" She said, in a curious tone. "Are you okay?" She asked in a clearly concerned manner. 
"Of course I'm okay, Will. I'm just a little dazed.. our entire lives just disintegrated along with all of Sunnydale."
I paused for a moment. I started thinking of Spike.... I had told him I loved him and he didn't believe me. I truly did, just not in the way he desired. 
"BUFFY!" Will shouted. I looked up to her with an apologetic smile, then went to the bus to check on the rest of the gang. Principal Wood was sitting with Faith near the back. He was wounded, but we were at the point we knew he would be alright. Almost everyone was accounted for, but I couldn't find Xander... I looked around the bus, and then walked outside. Giles tried stopping me on my way out, because it was getting close to dark. It didn't take long to find him, he was sitting on the ground at the end of the bus. 
"Hey, Xander, are you okay?" I kneeled down and put my arm around his shoulder. He didn't speak to me, but I knew what was on his mind.
"Her death wasn't in vein Xander. You know Anya loved you." As soon as I mentioned her name, he was overcome with chills and a single tear ran down his cheek. I tried to comfort him, all while trying to get him to get on the bus. After much convincing, he silently followed me on to the old yellow schoolbus, all that was left from Sunnydale. Thankfully we had a full tank of gas, but none of us knew where we were going. Dawn wasn't talking much, and neither was the rest of the gang. The only audible sound was the soft moan of Faith in the back seat... gross. To this day I shudder at the thought of Faith sleeping with Xander. 
The hardest part about Sunnydale not existing, is the fact now Mom really is gone. I'm not sure if Dawn has grasped that concept yet. There is no visiting Moms' grave ever again... I really need to see Angel. He always knows what to do. I walk up the thin isle of the bus and tap Giles' shoulder.
"Hey, you should take a rest, I've decided on our destination." Though he had a puzzled look on his face, he listened and allowed me to take the wheel. I'm pretty sure he disregarded my lack of a license, which was a smart move on his part. I turned the bus around, so we were going west instead of east. We were off to find Angel.
Before I knew it, the sun was rising, peeking through the thin layer of clouds in the sky. Where did all those hours go? I felt as if I'd been on autopilot since I took the wheel. This process went on for days, until finally we reached Angels' city. As expected, he was waiting at the city line when we arrived, he had been expecting us.
Even though Angel and I had come to an agreement to be just friends, I can't ever control my emotions around him. Now that Spike is gone, and I was on post-apocolyptic hormones, I kissed him immediately. I tried to hide my tears through my kisses, but Angel wasn't fooled. He stopped me mid-kiss, and simply took my head and laid it on his chest. I cried for a moment, holding on to him, remembering days when he was mine. The gang took their time getting off the bus. Though they were excited to see Angel, they were respectful and gave us our space. Watching your entire city diminish before your eyes really opens your eyes, and I knew that once we were settled, I needed to be with Angel. He is the only man who I can see myself being with until I am grey and wrinkly. 
Everyone departed from the bus and greeted Angel with open minds and open hearts. It was mid-evening so the sun was down enough that Angel could walk around and show us his city. He brought us to his house, and everyone crashed their for the night. Well, everyone but me and Angel of course. I was soaking up every moment I had with him, I was not willing to let him go even for a moment. I followed him to his room, and we laid on his bed cuddling and talking.
We spoke of the future, and how things were going to be so much simpler. He and I are always on the same page. He felt the same way about our future, and he knew we belonged together. He briefly spoke of visiting the gypsies again in attempt to regain his humanity. Though he had a soul, he wanted me to experience our love in a more human way, that doesn't result in him turning murderous and evil.
I laid in peace at Angels side, resting at the thought of happier days. Everyone needed a new beginning. I finally was going to get that. And with every potential turning in to an actual slayer, my life was about to get a whole lot easier. Fighting demons and vampires is too much work for one girl, now it was all of us. With dozens of slayers scattered around the globe, maybe I finally had time to live my life with some peace and serenity. 

© 2013 Kaylie


Author's Note

Kaylie
This is a draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013
Tags: BTVS, Buffy, Joss Wedon

Author

Kaylie
Kaylie

South Portland, ME



About
Hello everyone! I am Kaylie, and I'm currently in the process of figuring out who I am, what I want, and how I want my life to be. I'm a very kind soul, an open person. I survive in this world with te.. more..

Writing
Breathless Breathless

A Poem by Kaylie


Degraded Degraded

A Poem by Kaylie