Insane?

Insane?

A Story by Kaylie

I stared out at the darkening sky, feeling cold all over. I sat on my porch, as I did every evening. The wind shook the trees and the eerie sound blew in my ear. I was so lost in thought that it was barely noticeable how the low temperature of the growing night sent shivers throughout my body. Crack. I looked to my left, through the forest of trees. Crack. I shuddered.

Jeremy, we're waiting for you.” I heard the raspy voice say. Though it was tempting me, taunting me with its words, begging for me to come and investigate, I stayed on the wooden swing on my simple, safe porch.

Oh Jeremy, why won't you come play with us?” Said the unrecognizable raspy voice. Then I heard a cackle, of such a high pitch that my ears felt as though they were bleeding. The sound was followed by more giggling. My pulse was up, and my eyes searched the night for stranger with the raspy voice. I talked myself down from this, it was probably just my mind. I scratched at my wrist through my sweater, and I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I walked down to the forest, cautiously and slow. The forceful winds seemed to be pushing me back, warning me. I knew I couldn't talk to my mother about this. She is just like the rest of them, she will call me crazy and send me back to the hospital, maybe even medicate me more. I am not crazy. I am not crazy. Those words, I repeated to myself everyday in the mirror. If I didn't believe in myself, then I would have no one.

Everyone else thought that I was just mad. Don't they realize I know what they think about me? I hear their thoughts... I see their hatred..disgust..if it was their choice, they would have been rid of me by now. God, my own mother can barely stand me being around. It isn't easy being different. Everyone thinks they can walk all over you, but they will pay one day. Everyone who has ever doubted me, everyone who has ever thought they were better than me! My eyes scanned the eerie forest. It's hard to look for something when you don't exactly know what you're looking for. Crack.

One short breath and then, I saw it. A dark, cloaked figure sat behind a tall oak tree. Its nails scratching the bark. Marking the tree, as if this was its’ territory. The next thing I knew, it was just there, in the course of two seconds this figure, taller than two fully grown men was in front of me.  It began to bend over, in an inhuman way. Twisting and cracking and cackling all the way down, until I was face to face with this being. Blackened eyes stared at me, razor sharp teeth grinned in my direction.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I was in its grip. I was whirled into the air so fast, I could not seem to catch my breath. I can not express the fear that rushed through me. I thought my heart was beating out of my chest, but I could not scream. The last thing I heard, was that blood curdling cackle. A lot of pressure, squeezing me so tight that my lungs could not take it. My insides felt as if they were coming out, my lungs could hold no air. Crack.

© 2013 Kaylie


Author's Note

Kaylie
older piece, rough around the edges

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You hooked me good on this one! :) Use this as a prologue, and you have an eager buyer when the novel hits the stores ;)

Wow, that story really got my mind going. CRACK...could be a great title.

In A Nightmare on Elm Street..."Don't fall a sleep. Freddy will get you."
In Crack... "When you hear a crack...for God's sake don't listen! Run...or Mr.Crack will get you" :P

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaylie

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much on this very kind review! I haven't ever thought of making a novel out if this... .. read more



Reviews

You hooked me good on this one! :) Use this as a prologue, and you have an eager buyer when the novel hits the stores ;)

Wow, that story really got my mind going. CRACK...could be a great title.

In A Nightmare on Elm Street..."Don't fall a sleep. Freddy will get you."
In Crack... "When you hear a crack...for God's sake don't listen! Run...or Mr.Crack will get you" :P

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaylie

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much on this very kind review! I haven't ever thought of making a novel out if this... .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013

Author

Kaylie
Kaylie

South Portland, ME



About
Hello everyone! I am Kaylie, and I'm currently in the process of figuring out who I am, what I want, and how I want my life to be. I'm a very kind soul, an open person. I survive in this world with te.. more..

Writing
Breathless Breathless

A Poem by Kaylie


Degraded Degraded

A Poem by Kaylie