Reliable Past

Reliable Past

A Poem by KazMar

Maybe she is attached to her past because it is the one thing she has absolute certainty about.
She escapes within and hides away in the depths that no hands can ever reach her, she is absorbed entirely. 
Maybe she hides behind her past because it's the only truth she knows; She knows it will never escape her and leave her feeling empty.
For eternity she'll always find comfort in the fact that her past will always stay with her. She will dedicate herself to what happened, and what was, she will die wondering what could have been. And the possibilities that forsake yesterday's future. For today's future is always and forever completely unreachable.
She will fade through life only seeing memories and therefore never truly creating new ones.

© 2016 KazMar


Author's Note

KazMar
Any feedback welcome :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Many folks do. The past shield them from the future. Thank you KazMar for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hey KazMar, Nice poem. Some people get attached to their past only because they are absolutely sure about it and they can’t be so certain of their future! However, embracing the past will result in skipping the possible brighter future.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I can honestly say I know people like this. They live in the past and nostalgia. They are maybe afraid of change and possible conflicts or failure in the future and so never progress.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2016
Last Updated on December 8, 2016

Author

KazMar
KazMar

Australia



About
Being creative allows me to construct or describe the world, through my own eyes. It has always been a part of who I am. There have been times in my life where I've felt disconnected, lost and not k.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by KazMar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Like him Like him

A Poem by XO Vee


2017 2017

A Story by Kathryn Smith