Matrimony Chapter One

Matrimony Chapter One

A Poem by KeithEBaucum
"

This is a prose poem about sins and virtues

"
Covered in darkness wearing a veil of evil the bride stands before her groom and a group of vile wedding guests waiting to be joined in matrimony. The heat and hate that filled the air was so thick that they all choked on it. Lust the biggest s**t ever getting married to Greed had everyone baffled and amazed. Everyone watched in confusion as a union of sin was joined in unholy matrimony.
Pride the priest took the left hand of Lust and puts it in the left hand of Greed then he took the right hand of Greed and puts it in the right hand of Lust and began the ceremony. The words that flowed from the mouth of Pride the priest cut through the air like swords cutting through flesh.
"Disgustingly wicked we have come together in the presences of demonic forces to behold the joining of this devil and s**t in unholy matrimony. This band and covenant was established by evil in darkness. Lust will you have Greed to be your husband to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you obey him, lay with him, and fullfll his sexual desires as long as you both shall live?"
With the flames of hell burning in her eyes Lust answers
"I will."
Pride looked at Greed and said
"Greed will you have Lust to be your wife to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you supply and adorn her with riches as long as you both shall live?"
With a twinkle in his eyes that sparkles like gold Greed answers "I will."
"By the powers invested in evil the groom and bride may kiss" said Pride.
As Greed and Lust' s lips touched their wedding guests were as silent as a corpse.
Lust turned her back to the wedding guests and threw a bouquet of Poison Ivy over her head.
Envy stepped in front of Sloth and snatched the bouquet out of the air.
"Nice catch Envy" said Sloth with slow, slurred, speech.
"Thank you Sloth and I do believe green is more my color" said Envy.
Lust turned around to see who caught the bouquet. She wasn't a bit surprised to see Envy holding the bouquet of Poison Ivy. "Well Envy I guess you're next to be wedded off" stated Lust. Pride motions for Hatred to release the owls. Hatred unlocked the huge cage and released the owls. Slow to take flight the great owls flapped their wings and ascended into the darkness.
"Let's get this party started" yelled Greed.
As the sun's partied the night away in the country Darkness the sun came rising in the country Tranuility.
"Are you ready to spend all eternity together?" Loyalty asked Love as they stood on their balcony.
"My dear, dear, husband soon to be you already know the answers to the question you ask" said Love.
As Loyalty and Love stood locked in a warming embrace being kissed by the rays of the sun the two share a kiss of their own.

Written by Keith Edward Baucum

© 2017 KeithEBaucum


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting read...lust with greed, love with loyalty...and all live happily ever after. In their own dark and light realms. But what if they ever cross paths? A very creative and imaginative write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KeithEBaucum

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my story.
Truly suspenseful. I love the original take on matrimony.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KeithEBaucum

7 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2017
Tags: Sins virtues marriage relationsh

Author

KeithEBaucum
KeithEBaucum

Laurinburg, NC



About
Hey my name is Keith Edward Baucum. Literary art is something I'm interested in more..

Writing