Smoking on Sixx bucks a day

Smoking on Sixx bucks a day

A Poem by Kelley Pascoe
"

This is a new poem I wrote after reading "The Haroin Diaries" by Nikki Sixx. I used some of the words to " Life Is Beautiful" in my poem. wrote by Nikki Sixx And sang by Sixx A.M. Don't be hard on this one people......Its near to

"
Photobucket

Smoking on Sixx bucks a day

How�s Nikki put it?
You can�t quit until you die
But life is Beautiful!!!

Smoke filled lungs.
Jump and its lost along the way.
Pleasures all mine.

They all say quit!
But it�s not that easy you see.
Taste the Nicotine .

Make it go away before I go insane.
It may not be Heroin or even Mary Jane,
but sometimes its still the pain.

Back to what Nikki said...
You can�t live until you die,
But Life is Beautiful!!!

© 2008 Kelley Pascoe


Author's Note

Kelley Pascoe
Don't be to hard on me on this one it's close to my heart. Also people I used some lines from the song " life is Beautiful" and I used Nikki Sixx name and words.......But I give full cridit to Him.......so no one come telling you need to give cridit to Sixx A.M. or Nikki Sixx because I just did OK?
Thanks Love all you guys!!!!!! Kelley Frost I'm trying to quit but it's so,so hard!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

as long as you feel like you can fit everything into a few-years-shorter life, i say do what you want.

i'm not a big fan of rhyming (actually i cant stand it), and i dont know why you wanted me to read this really, because i dont understand your references, also you have so many comments on it already, so why would you want more? but if its close to your heart, then theres no way i can give you any feedback. because its already how it should be.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

as long as you feel like you can fit everything into a few-years-shorter life, i say do what you want.

i'm not a big fan of rhyming (actually i cant stand it), and i dont know why you wanted me to read this really, because i dont understand your references, also you have so many comments on it already, so why would you want more? but if its close to your heart, then theres no way i can give you any feedback. because its already how it should be.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You know - if that is all Nikki is doing now then he is still ahead of the game I think...
I can only imagine how hard it is to give up that habit - good luck!
great piece -


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's good. Really powerful message, and I like the incorporation of the lyrics from Life Is Beautiful, this is really a great tribute to Nikki Sixx and Sixx A.M!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, how I feel your pain! I'm telling you, a few hours without a smoke and I'm ready to kill someone!!! I like that you reference the fact that it's not a "hard drug" but that's it's so addicting that it can cause physical pain. I think this will strike a cord with anyone that struggles with a smoking addiction. It's even worse when you think, I'm hungry, but I'm almost out of cigarettes...Do I eat or smoke? Yep, smoke...Haha. It's horrible! Sorry it took me so long to get to it. I wanted the time to really appreciate it. Good job. I love that song, by the way!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey sweetie i too can sure relate to you or anyone out there that has any addiction on anything it is so hard to stop and get out of it and away from it what ever it is and yes life is beautiful when it comes down to the real but always so is so very ugly great write

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
My mum found it hard too...I can remember how bad it was, but she pulled through :) And you can too.

I loved this line:
"Taste the Nicotine" It really hit me...it reminded me of alcohol and how when you have your first drink it is so strong, but after you're half sloshed, you can't taste it anymore...I guess it's the same with smokes...you fall into habit and then fall into addiction.

A great poem :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not familiar with sixx AM or Nikki Sixx...
BUTTttttt ...I ( AM ) familiar with addiction...
Kelley I had wrestle with so many addictions ....so I can relate to this
With many drugs considered...cigarettes was the toughest...weed was not easy either
a) because it is legal
b) because it is socially acceptable ( for the most part)
c) because it is relatively affordable and readily available

I cold-turkeyed my every addiction ...but cigaretts ...HAD-ME !!!
"attempted" to quit several times .....making it past a year during pregnancy...but going back..over n' over
Wasn't till I got rid of the " NA" or " AA" mentality of being one-puff-away from failing...
in other words ... I took on the mentlity of being ... a-NON-smoker ...rather than ...an-EX-smoker
Go woke me up with the thought of...trying to encourage my kids...that they could ( dO ANYTHING )
if ( I )...couldn't even quit smoking...!!!

It was a matter of deciding ...that I was ( willing to go through whatever it took...no matter ..(HOW-IT-MADE-ME-FEEL )

Had to lean on GOD for that....bigtime ...
smoked for 30 years and I'm free from the beast n' I luv it !!

So Dannnnng it Kelley ...you can o it !!!
Stay encouraged ..I'm prayin' 4 ya

xo ma luv

Blessssssssssssssssssssssss


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For me it was pure will power that helped me quit. And I just hated the idea of something controlling my life - especially greedy tobacco companies. That was 10 years ago now and I am so much happier smoke free - not to mention wealthier and healthier.

I must admit I'm not a big Nikki Sixx fan, although I did check out the song you quoted and it sounded alright.

As far as your poem is concerned I really like the second stanza and think that if you kept working on the rest you could have an even stronger piece. There are a few grammatical things that stood out to me that perhaps could be looked at so they don't distract from the actual content. Maybe everytime you have a craving turn to this poem instead as a way of helping you quit.

Life is beautiful. Definitely too beautiful to risk to satisfy nicotine cravings. Don't give in!

Thank you for sharing.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
"You can't live until you die,
But Life is Beautiful!!!"

this is very true.. but for this.. your soul to be free..

pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I like it a lot.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

718 Views
28 Reviews
Added on June 29, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2008

Author

Kelley Pascoe
Kelley Pascoe

deming, NM



About
Buried at PhotoCasket Think Different! Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz I�m going to get something published this year! I write all kinds of things, poetry,music,stories,books, s.. more..

Writing