Heartbeat

Heartbeat

A Poem by Keli Renee
"

This poem was written about an ex of mine. I loved that kid to death, even though it ended badly. I had a dream about him, and this is what resulted.

"
Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump.
 
The lovely memories play before my eyes like a feature film plays solemly in the dark. Every softly spoken word repeats itself in my heart like the music on a staff. Every stolen glance, andevery undeserved chance are treasured and remembered like a mother's special lullaby.
 
Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump. Bu-Bump.
 
But whenever he's here with me and in my arms, my body soars with joy. And new memories are formed to star in the latest feature film. Every spoken word anew writes itself a new and beautiful song. Glances are no longer stolen, and every chance is suddenly deserved. And the pain is washed away to be replaced by sweet, sweet love.
 
And so the cadence begins again.
 
Bu-Bump.

© 2010 Keli Renee


Author's Note

Keli Renee
Although the original purpose of this poem was to tell my boyfriend how much i cared, this is no longer the case. I posted this poem because it expresses the tunnel-vision a teenage love can have on a person. When that special someone isnt there, you feel dead, and when that SS is with you, you feel amazing. Its simply the most complicated part of being a teen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is amazing. :) I hope you keep up the amazing work. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


In here, I find hope and an outlook for the best, hence the dream. Mesmerizing and calm, the potential romance is found in the deserving chances, suddenly returned.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Whether it was real or not, the point is that you felt like your soul is living off of that love. The heartbeat of your soul is the love between you and him. A very powerful feeling.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Like other reviewers said: The imagery is top notch in this word collage. A wallop is packed in brevity.. I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The imagery of this poem is strong. You should check out my destiny poem as it is kinda the same. Well done Keli its awesome

Posted 14 Years Ago


i think that its like that all through out life , the general effects love has on anyone, and very well described, havent seen a poem quite like this before, i love it ^^ there arent really words to describe how much i enjoy reading this. kudos babe kudos :) keep up the great writing koibito!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Keli......I love you.

Like, i don't think you understand.....I....this.....AMAZING.

I love you.

--Alisa_the_fluff_ball

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Keli Renee
Keli Renee

Portsmouth, VA



About
Konnichiwa!!! I'm Keli. I'm a 16 year old junior living in Virginia. I sing, I write, I read, I draw, and I'm *trying* to become a good photographer. Wish me luck? Meeting new people excites me .. more..

Writing
Venomous Venomous

A Book by Keli Renee


The Girls The Girls

A Chapter by Keli Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter One: Chapter One:

A Chapter by Mimi