Marry Me?

Marry Me?

A Story by Echo Lily
"

This is my submission for a romantic story contest.

"

Do you have those moments when you just cannot think about anything else except for your lover?  Last night I was walking downtown with my boyfriend, Aaron. We live in Paris, and he was acting really nervous. He is usually very contained and the most we had ever done is made out.  Suddenly, one block from the Eiffel Tower, he stopped and grabbed both my hands. He pulled me by my waist really close to him; he softly whispered into my ear, “I love you.”

He embraced me for the longest time and then slowly and gently began to kiss me. He had never touched me anywhere before, but he slid his hands down my body and then back up again and touched my breasts. He was so careful and so nervous. We stopped kissing and he suddenly lit up and exclaimed, “Let’s get married!”

“What?” I asked much shaken by his statement.

“You, Lily, and I, Aaron, should go get married right now.”

“I…I don’t know what to say”

“All you have to say is, 'I do'. In the morning if you don’t want to still be married we can get a divorce. But, we are young! Lily, I want to spend the night with you.”

Now, don’t get me wrong, I wanted to spend the night with him so much. We had been dating for over a year, but being young as he had mentioned made me stop and think. I made him wait for at least 10 minutes while I just sat there and stared at him. I could see his smile slowly fading away realizing I wasn’t going to answer. Then I said, “I do!”

He kissed me so hard after that and he didn’t let go until he realized that we had to go get married! He took my hand and we ran down to a little ring shop at the end of the street and he bought the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen in my entire life. He didn’t stop there or let me try it on. He took the rings grabbed my hand again and ran to the white church across the street. This is where there was one pastor left there at 9:00 p.m. I kid you not, he sounded like the pastor in the Princess Bride movie.

After our pathetic, yet romantic, vows we took a cab to the hotel Le Meurice. $892 a night! I was being so spoiled.  As soon as we got into the elevator up to our room, he started making out with me very passionately. I don’t even think he noticed that an old lady was also in the elevator with us and was staring at us very oddly. We were kissing down the hallway to our room.  We got in our room and he began to unbutton my shirt and I unzipped his pants. He was so gentle and soothing yet romantic and passionate. I love him so much. And you can probably guess that we are still happily married today (one day after) and still in the hotel. We are discussing how much we love each other and how we will never, ever leave each other.

© 2013 Echo Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: Love, France

Author

Echo Lily
Echo Lily

Mt. Morris, IL



Writing