Die Stimme, die schreit, kann nicht Ihr Herz haben

Die Stimme, die schreit, kann nicht Ihr Herz haben

A Poem by Ken Simm.

 

The wetness that cleaves

To a hole in your heart

The substance that stands

On its own

The fires that then build

In correction distilled

Are reactions to falling apart

This flight of these senses

With sensation anointed

Mined deep in the souls

Largest part

Come with me wrapped clean

Nude limb and sweat sheen

incomplete before this a

false start

breath me in through your thighs

with salt liquid your cries

temptation in vaults come apart

flowing wet caress love

decline push neither shove

where emotion rise affairs jointed caught

pause for joy in this scream

push point into this dream

the flower lip erupt from the dark

its petals expand

at rough usage command

with your lover entwined through the heart

© 2008 Ken Simm.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

in reply to the German title ...

The voice, which walks, cannot have your heart...
'nor hear, that uncommonest of tounges,
... as the language of the Soul, is silence ...
and you know when you have been unspoken,
you will feel it sublime; Peace is that wordless cry,
a Peace for which to die....


Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I do not know German, Ken, but this poem is wonderful in its dark and light, in its passion and its quiet unrestraint.Its commanding tone is divine. "Breathe me in through your thighs" just about says it all, I think.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

I try Marie, I try. This one seemed to come out of nowhere fully formed as I remember. And as I said.. read more
The construction of this poem much like the power of the passion emanating and vibrating from within is unbridled, and wild... But upon closer inspection this is not entirely true, for the poet took great care in sculpting the rhythmic passions, in this piece; like good jazz, listen closely and it will all make sense.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

To be compared to good jazz. I am honoured.
Enjoyed this, especially the title ( is it a quote ? ),which directly addresses. This is a style that (I think) suits Ken`s talent very well,with lots of short lines and breaks, neat couplet rhymes -another good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Leslie. I very much appreciate the support.
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Can't remember where I got that from. Might be Goethe.
Tried to post a review yesterday but it failed to send .. just as well, perhaps.

Today i'll inhale very deeply.. slowly.. and think, using mind rather than heart or physical core. Now i see your words as a writing of infinite care, a dedication to what love and lust is all about. Your words hint in warm colours but, never pass into that violent crimson that punches the senses into pulp.

Which lines to quote? ' .. breath me in through your thighs ~ with salt liquid your cries ~ temptation in vaults come apart ~ flowing wet caress love ~ decline push neither shove ~ where emotion rise affairs jointed caught ~ pause .. ' Passion personified.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SULTRY... I'm breaking a sweat just having read it.

schl�pfrig, wenn nass!

Enjoyed it very much!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this is beautiful - just touched my heart. We have to try again, don't we? To trust, to try, to want... to ever think there is not emotion in this game of the heart would be to fool oneself... And with everything new, there is always some of the past - we can't separate that - most especially our hearts....

Beautiful

Now I will read what the others have said....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've read way too many attempts at erotic poetry to not appreciate that this is the best that I have ever read on here. You use your words like an artists brush and really sweep us away. Classy and refined, but I kind of expected that after everything else of yours I've read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very well done .. love the imagery in this..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Even after reading the other reviews, I questioned whether or not I would be able to speak intelligibly about this work. I still may not speak intelligibly but my breath seemed to catch in my throat. Your words are evocative and elicited an extremely emotional response. This is absolutely beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this alot. It flows with a regulated speed that maintains the attention of the reader through out. I find different images coming from the work and some are profound. I too as others have said that short sentence poems are not easy to write with true intent.You have hit a homerun with this one. It is truely beautiful. Great Read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

621 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2008

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..