Simple Dichotomy

Simple Dichotomy

A Poem by Ken Simm.

 

Again my love

you have now found

a double love in which to drown

The skyward and the earthward bound


 

That is not to say

that either two

the earthy or the cloudy vision

are favoured with what they see in you

or either seen with derision (you play with each as each does wonder)


 

No more is like

In difference are respect in truth

combined in joy is what you seek

although a comfort and complete

these are not the early passions of your youth (when hearts broke and burst asunder)


 

Alas comparisons you cannot make

in between what you have found

You love each for its own sake

Both in the air or in the ground (and yet you see you are you afraid)


 

but distant dreams you cannot have

the sky games you play less blame

are safe because they are just that

nothing more or less than game (as in your own words you say)


 

whereas the earth on which you stand

Is closer if not less grand

you can have both is what you feel

to be grounded or in the sky less real. (be wary of where your passions lay)


 

© 2008 Ken Simm.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is lovely. I think it takes a little dirt and a little cloud to make someone fit to have. Too much of either, might spoil the mix. We require a little of both. Your creativity has been sparked in such a wonderful, uplifting way. It is good to see.

I enjoyed this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Image: The Moon Ablaze.
"Simple Dichotomy" that your profoundly perceptive perspective has made simple.
Breakin' it down and layin' it out.
Impressive!--and so like you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

7 Years Ago

There is a niavety to the embaressment of this older one. Thank you so much for digging through my s.. read more
It's like that game where you pick the petals off a daisy, he loves me, he loves me not...some relationships are like that, which can drive a person crazy. Sometimes all that drama can destroy a relationship no matter how much the people love each other. "Be wary where you passions lay." Truer words have never been spoken.

(and yet you see you are you afraid) Is this supposed to read this way because it seems like there's a repetition here? (and yet you see, you are afraid) perhaps?




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah ... oui pour les deux on offre quelque chose l'autre ne peut pas, mais les autres contacts celui qui a �t� til intact maintenant. Une r�ponse, venez voir.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

In this world there are two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. The last is much the worst. - Oscar Wilde

A simple tale of caution: beware what you dream of.

I liked the omniscient Greek chorus which fuses the personal reflections.

Cheers! Rob

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh this is good. I found it like a dad's advice - all about making choices and looking at the options - using my head and taking everything into consideration. Also that there is not one clear choice - there are some for this reason and some for that.... hmmm - I need this advice. Need to dismiss one of the "yous" in the Alas Comparisons stanza...

Also I find that hearts do still break and burst asunder - beyond the tender youth AND girls still dream of far away princes AND sometimes the one most forbidden holds the most appeal....

I do like the playful tone of this.

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is lovely. I think it takes a little dirt and a little cloud to make someone fit to have. Too much of either, might spoil the mix. We require a little of both. Your creativity has been sparked in such a wonderful, uplifting way. It is good to see.

I enjoyed this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Doesn't this concisely capture that dichotomy of love - the dreaming in the clouds and yet the reality on the ground? Again the images and sonics are brilliant, I love the innerrhyme and alliteration. A great poem. thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
7 Reviews
Added on February 15, 2008

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing