Storm

Storm

A Poem by Kendallbass

It's within that dawning moment of comprehension that truth hits the hardest. Denial subsides and what takes its place seems harsher now that deception becomes transparent. Consequence gleams through the cracks of broken expectations, setting factuality ablaze as it illuminates a reality reached by forced acceptance. Still, it was always present behind those clouds swollen with hidden flaws and dripping with poison. Stings, doesn't it? Acidic sin pours down, exposing weakness easily detected by those whose presence is sought-after yet remains absent. There's no honor in a storm of error; no respect from the respected. The oblivious flock like sheep to provide shallow opinions steeped in ignorance, eager to believe in what they don't understand. Such stale company to be surrounded by. Storms collide and intensify with their arrival; this doesn't have to be reality... Truth only burns those who ignite the fire behind it. 

© 2018 Kendallbass


Author's Note

Kendallbass
feedback welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on January 12, 2018
Last Updated on January 12, 2018
Tags: comprehension, consequence, deception, denial, flaws, reality, realization, truth, weakness

Author

Kendallbass
Kendallbass

Saco, ME



About
I am an aspiring writer looking to branch out and share my pieces with others who may enjoy what I have to say. I am always looking for feedback and hope to continue to improve my writing so that I mi.. more..

Writing
Web Web

A Poem by Kendallbass


Finally Finally

A Poem by Kendallbass