Can I be Me?

Can I be Me?

A Poem by Kenken Malphas
"

I don't know if we have the same perspective. I just want my first poem to speak what I long keep. Just don't hesitate to judge my poem. I'm still starting and open for critiques :)

"
Can I be Me? 'BE YOU' is what people always say Saying 'just be true and everything will be okay'. Yet, when I do so, they object.
How can I be me, if they wanted me perfect? Can I be me if it means I'll be a little stupid? A little reckless, carefree, and hard headed? Because the longer I pretend to be a person I am not, A small part of me was forgotten and rot . Is it hard to just throw your expectations, and let me be me? I somehow need some fun while I'm still young, wild, and free. Once, I look on a mirror I saw a man of intelligence, virtue and honor. I thought the person that I saw was the real me But I realized, it's just a mask I wore, to make people happy. I don't mean to be stupid or reckless for eternity I just don't like others telling me what to do i'm like a baby. I am eighteen and learned enough to know right from wrong Unleash me to the world and I'll succeed with someone or alone.

© 2017 Kenken Malphas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful piece of poetry. Very relatable. Love the rhythm of the words and the words that you've conveyed. Keep writing! Looking forward to more of your poems! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


The flow of the poem is absolutely flawless, very rhythmic and lyrical. The first paragraph is definitely my favorite :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kenken Malphas

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. Good to know I don't suck much. Thank you for appreciating :)
Elizabeth Mars

6 Years Ago

Please have some more confidence in yourself, I genuinely really like this poem, it's very good work.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 16, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017

Author

Kenken Malphas
Kenken Malphas

Philippines



About
I am new and a student. My girlfriend is not my first love. It's WRITING! :) more..