Preface

Preface

A Chapter by KennaLovesJake
"

Just a preface...

"
PREFACE
I can hear their loud shouts behind us, even if they are muffled by the strong wind that’s whipping past my ears and the distance we are away from them. I press my brawny chest against the thick, radiating scales of Aelia’s neck and tighten my grip on the thick, green vine we use as a harness so that I can steer her if need be. I breathe heavily, fearful that we might not make it; that we might not get away from them, the hunters.
I look ahead of us and watch as Aelia so very swiftly tilts her large, glowing gold body to where she’s flying sideways to avoid hitting the amazingly tall and wide tree. My long, sturdy legs tighten around her large shoulders and broad chest, and I grip onto the vine firmly, pushing my entire body closer to the back of her neck and shoulders. I squeeze my eyes shut, and all this seems to help keep myself on Aelia until she’s flying out flat again.
I sit up and straighten out my body to a rider’s position once again. I open my slanted, brown and gold eyes and look forward to prepare for the next set of these thick and tall trees with their broad, yellow, green, red, and orange leaves attached to the branches of the trees.
I glance back behind us to see how far they are from getting close to capturing us.. They’re not too far, which is bad, very bad for Aelia and I. I move my gaze slowly to Aelia’s huge golden wings with eight spines and large three pronged claws at the corners of the wings.
I realize that these wings of Aelia’s aren’t open fully, and that’s why we’re not going fast enough to get away from them. I once again press my heaving chest against the smooth, glowing, golden scales of her bulky lower neck and muscular, upper back. I release the harness with one hand and place it on the side of her neck, feeling the smooth, silky feel of her scales under my large fingers. “Aelia,” I whisper in a tone sweeter than any other I have ever talked to her in.
“Yes?” she asks in her hoarse, dragoness voice. Aelia plummets downward without warning to evade the massive tree branch that is in our way causing me to let out a slight gasp and tighten the grip I have on her lower neck and on her immense shoulder with my legs. I grasp at her scales with the hand that I ignorantly moved from the vine and onto the side of Aelia’s strong neck, and I clutch the thick, green vine in the hand that is still holding onto it. I snap my eyes shut tightly and wait for her to be down plummeting downward.
As soon as Aelia is down flying down, she snaps her head towards the sky and surges upward. I press my body roughly against her spine and slick, but not slimy, scales and don’t look down. I keep my eyes closed until she’s flying level again.
After about a minute, I finally pop my head up, and I hear them not to far behind us. Aelia’s trying her best to dodge the trees, but being the big thing she is, it’s not working. Soon enough, we get so deep into the forest that the trees are almost huddling together.
I see that she’s now slamming her large, broad shoulders against trees and kicking large, dead logs. She’s finding it hard to stay aloft because her wings can’t take much more of a beating with all the branches, and I know the hunters are getting closer. I can hear them again. I can hear their own dragons slamming their wings up and down. I can hear their yells and shouts telling the others to get us, but I try to ignore them.
I know Aelia can’t take it being down here, getting bruised and cut up. I finally say the words, “Aelia, above the forest! To the sky!”
“But Blake,” she starts in her protest.
“That is an order from you rider!” shouts I to Aelia. Now she knows she can’t disobey. Aelia lets out a low grunt letting me know that this idea isn’t one of my best, but I don’t care. I can’t bare to see the only that ever cared about me hurt, no matter how much of a jackass I came to realize I am. 
Aelia waits a second to find the perfect spot where she can fly up to the sky, and in that time, the hunters come. Two above us on their little horse-sized dragons meant for speed; two below us on their black, serpent like dragons, and I don’t even bother to look at the rest. I know we have no time to waste.
I say the order the Aelia has forbidden me to say. “Aelia! As your rider, I command you to attack!”  


© 2012 KennaLovesJake


Author's Note

KennaLovesJake
Please note that this is only a preface, and it's not my best work, and it was four in the morning by the time I finished it. I know my tense might be a tad bit jumpy, so you don't have to point that out. Anyways, I need all the reviews I can get on this so that I can make it better! Thanks soo much! I really appreciate it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

*done not down i feel in a few cases
A brilliant story, interesting , powerful ... very creative.
I love the way you tell teh story the actual idae of it is beautiful aswell the characters you have created and well built and deveolped.
Is this the fhinshed story? even as pre-face it feels a little empty of a true plot and ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

*done not down i feel in a few cases
A brilliant story, interesting , powerful ... very creative.
I love the way you tell teh story the actual idae of it is beautiful aswell the characters you have created and well built and deveolped.
Is this the fhinshed story? even as pre-face it feels a little empty of a true plot and ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KennaLovesJake

11 Years Ago

Thanks.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: dragons, fights, hunters, riders


Author

KennaLovesJake
KennaLovesJake

Pounding on my Four Cat Paws, Maryville, TN



About
Hi! My name's Kaitlyn, and I'm twelve years old. I like to write romance, action, adventure, and fantasy as well as read them. I have blue eyes and brown hair with natural blonde streaks in them and, .. more..

Writing