out

out

A Poem by Kevin Holloway
"

Addictions...

"

The preceding thrill is enough to outweigh the moral pull, and it easily swipes it out of view like the light-eager moths in my room. It's simple to avoid the shimmer of the golden dust left behind as that single ember is much brighter. I can't help but see myself as one of them; temptation pulls me in, the warming ember keeps me focused. I know what the consequences can be, but they are distant until they arrive and slap me dead. I shouldn't, and I won't. This last time felt as they all did: click, sizzle, out.

© 2009 Kevin Holloway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this seemed very intense to me...it would be great to here in spoken word.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Mm, I can completely relate.
*sigh* Those damn embers and golden dust. ;]

Really nice piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I actually really like the form of this poem
It seems like one complete thought yet one that is broken up and torn in two directions.
You captured the human mind pretty damn well.
And you could pretty much apply this train of thought to any problem.
Love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You've described the push-pull situation of an addiction so brilliantly.

"temptation pulls me in, the warming ember keeps me focused"
I love that line.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written with great imagery. I love the line:
"and it easily swipes it out of view like the light-eager moths in my room."
It's like you are struggling with making the decision that you know is wrong, but in the moment it seems so right. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2009
Last Updated on November 10, 2009

Author

Kevin Holloway
Kevin Holloway

Deutschland, Germany



About
Hallo, mein Name ist Kevin and I'm currently living in Germany. I'm a musician who loves writing. Though I do structure some things, a lot of my writing is very free and unprecise. Whatever it tak.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..