Little Tilly's Teahouse

Little Tilly's Teahouse

A Story by Kevin Dean
"

A little girl is sick and tired of her parents arguing. Her and her imaginary friend decide to do something about it.

"
The year is 1909 and little Tilly's giant house sits in a dark area surrounded by forest. Tilly no older than eight wearing an expensive pink dress complete with yellow bows in her long brown hair is in her bedroom sitting on the floor playing with her large dollhouse and a couple of dolls. There is a piece of paper stuck on the top of the dollhouse that reads: Little Tilly's Teahouse all welcome. Tilly turns around at the sound of her rocking chair in the corner creaking and moving by itself. 'Yes Katie you can play to' 'Come over here!' Tilly puts an old person doll on the floor next to her. 'You can be grandma.' Suddenly bashing and shouting noises are heard downstairs. Her parents are engaging in a viscious sounding argument. 'We are not putting our daughter through this again James!'screams Tilly's mother. 'If you just let me put the child into a boarding school we would have to Lilian'! retaliates her father. The shouting and breaking things goes on for hours. Tilly sits on the steep stairs outside her room listening. Tears come streaming down her face as she looks at an old man doll she holds in her hand. Her bedroom door creaks open loudly again by itself and Tilly turns wiping the tears from her eyes. She heads back into her room and over to the dollhouse. 'Please don't be upset Katie'. 'Mommy and Daddy don't mean it'. Suddenly a book falls from Tilly's shelf and she walks over and picks it up. The book of voodoo and witchcraft is written in old English writing on the front. 'Your right Katie the only Mommy and Daddy will learn is if we show them how much it hurts us'. Tilly brings the book over to the dollhouse and without her touching it the book flies open to a certain page. Tilly begins reading the Latin inside the book. The wind picks up and suddenly a storm kicks in the yelling and screaming becomes piercingly loud, the dollhouse begins to shake and then a loud crash of thunder ceases the sound of the argument. Now it is so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Tilly heads out of her room and down the steep stair case into the grand foyer. She walks into the living quarters where laying on the floor are two dolls one male and one female. The female doll has a striking resemblance to Tilly. She picks the dolls up and heads back upstairs. Night resceds into morning and Tilly gets out of bed and goes over to the dollhouse. She picks up the male and female doll and puts them at the tiny breakfast table with the elderly dolls. 'There now my Teahouse is complete'. 'Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa are all a happy family again'. Sitting beside Tilly is her identical twin Katie who is extremely pale in complexion an dressed in a white lace dress with blue ribbons in her hair. 'Welcome to Tilly's Teahouse Mommy where everyday is like sunshine'.

© 2014 Kevin Dean


Author's Note

Kevin Dean
How do you feel about this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this twice...It is sooo good...:)..................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are...And welcome...:).............
Kevin Dean

10 Years Ago

Sami. Your amazing man. Really.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You too friend...:)............................
A wonderful story of this little girl...Bravo....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kevin Dean

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sami. I really appreciate that.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:)....................
Kevin Dean

8 Years Ago

Guys 3289 reads! I'm speechless. I have since published Tilly's story in a compilation book now sell.. read more
Thank you that means a lot. I put this short story version up for the contest I will be doing something bigger with it eventually.

Posted 10 Years Ago


its awesome!....
sorta cult....but one thing...why its so short?

but it was a fun read i really liked it...

thanks for sharing....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3740 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 2, 2014
Tags: Horror, Supernatural, Dark

Author

Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
At only 24 years old Kevin has already got four Self-Published Novels in the world wide market. Writing since the age of six has kept him busy for more than twenty years. His signature style is a comb.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kevin Dean