The Not So Ginger Bread House

The Not So Ginger Bread House

A Chapter by Kevin Dean
"

These two siblings aren't just in for a treat.

"
Snap! Twigs and bark break beneath the feet of young Hansel as he leads his little sister Gretal through the woods. I'm hungry she protests to him. We will find a place in which we can rest soon Gretal replies Hansel. I want to go back to mother and father Hansel. Hansel turns to her and says gently. You know what she's like, She doesn't like it when we return empty handed Gretal. They keep moving and Hansel tosses bread crumbs from his pocket. Gretal bends down and begins eating some of them and Hansel catches her in the act. Knock it off! Please Gretal we need them to find our way back. I'm sorry she mutters cutely. Hansel just shakes his head and carries on walking. The sounds of Raven's and Crows scares Gretal and she jogs to keep up. Are we almost at a rest stop now Hansel? Not just yet, Stop being a pest. As they emerge from some bushes they see a small wooden house and on the porch window is a smaller ginger bread replica of the house. Gretal? I think I found our rest stop. Without even thinking the children make their way inside. The old creaks as Hansel pushes it open. Gretal follows on closely as Hansel checks out the inside. Hello he calls out but there is no answer. Thd interiors of thd house look quite old fashioned like something out of the 1950's. It's okay Gretal we can rest in here. Gretal sits herself down on one of the chairs in the living room and as she sits dust flies into her face. She coughs a little. Hansel do you think anybody lives here? I don't know it looks like its been deserted. I wonder if there's anything to eat initiates Gretal. Hansel turns to the window and sees the little ginger bread house, he goes and fetches it and brings it over to the kitchen table. Gretals eyes light up as she ponder over to Hansel. WOW is that this house? Looks like it, well a ginger bread version at least. YAY! Gretal cheers and she breaks a big part off of it and begins eating. Is it good Gretal? She nods in approval and Hansel takes her word for it and also begins eating. The two are eating their way through house rather quickly. Outside there is the sounds of moaning and footsteps but the children are to preoccupied to even notice. After a short while the ginger bread house is demolished and Hansel and Gretal sit at the kitchen table stuffed. That was brilliant Hansel where did you find it? It was on the windowceil. As they lay their heads on the table the moaning becomes a little louder. This time Hansel hears it. Gretal? Do you hear that? Hear what? That sound it sounds like moaning or mumbling. Gretal listens hard and then eventually catches it. Yes! Do you think somebody is coming? Hansel gets up and walks over to the window. As he peers outside he sees a dozen or so Zombies heading for the house. Oh my god! Gretal we have to go! Hansel what is it? We have to go now! Hansel grabs Gretals arm and they look for another exit. They find a back door but it's locked from the outside. Hansel what is it? What did you see? Suddenly the front door is crashed down and in come the Zombies. Gretal screams at the top of lungs and Hansel takes her towards the stairs but Zombies are also coming from the stairwell. Then the back door flies open and in come a dozen more. Run Gretal run! They run into the kitchen but are surrounded pretty quickly. Hansel opens up a drawer but all he finds is bugs inside. The Zombies close in on them and grab Gretal first. No! Hansel shouts. Hansel! Hansel help me! The sound of flesh tearing is heard as Gretal screams in the distance. Gretal! Hansel is pounced on by several Zombies and he too screams in pain as he is torn apart.


© 2013 Kevin Dean


Author's Note

Kevin Dean
Hope your enjoying so far. Please let us know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on September 8, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013
Tags: Dark, Horror, Scary


Author

Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
At only 24 years old Kevin has already got four Self-Published Novels in the world wide market. Writing since the age of six has kept him busy for more than twenty years. His signature style is a comb.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kevin Dean