A Glass of Water

A Glass of Water

A Story by Kezia
"

A short story about how something once beautiful, such as a relationship, can become broken and poisonous.

"
We found a glass of water, you considered it half empty where as I insisted half full. It was pure and perfectly transparent however the beauty was simply dull as it did not satisfy our tastebuds. The next day you had brought lemons and I had brought sugar. We added as we pleased until it was sweet lemonade. You considered it too sweet where as I insisted it was lovely. Nearly every time I turned away you added lemons and I opted to let it go. I'll let you have it, I'm not too picky. It wasn't long before our once transparent water became translucent. You considered it opaque but I insisted translucent. It was sour and I couldn't even remember when it was sweet. You didn't find it particularly pleasing either, however, you got as you wanted. Lemons, lemons, more lemons. The glass was overflowing you smiled and said "I guess it was half full" but that is not what I saw anymore. We took something beautiful that, yes, was perhaps a tad dull and abused it, altered it to the point where our throats burned. Yes, darling, the glass was half full but I insist that you were right. The glass shattered on the ground and the liquid that was once nothing then something is now nothing once again. You considered we try again but I insisted we didn't.

© 2015 Kezia


Author's Note

Kezia
Was the text easy to understand?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, I read once that the people who consider if the cup is half empty or full do not get the point. Rather, the cup can be refilled.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yeah, it was. I like it's simplicity but that it still conveyed so much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


can u tell me how to submit a writing to the group?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kezia

8 Years Ago

Go to the group, go to writing, go to submit writing
bryan oboczky

8 Years Ago

ok thank you
very clear, not even a little translucent

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yupppp!! Amazing description and comparison. It was soooo deep and I really like it :)



Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2015
Last Updated on December 11, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia