Old Lulluby

Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia

A girl with hair as black as raven's feathers and eyes as blue as the Atlantic walked into the grey weather. She asked, "Angels, why are you crying?", she didn't know if they could hear her whisper and she didn't know if they were even there. Her cold bare feet stepped gently on the wet silent road and she hummed the tune of an old lullaby. Her skin was the colour of snow; perhaps because she never did like the sun.
The boy who said he loved her arrived at exactly 7:03pm, three minutes late. He came and he kissed her as she shook. He removed her clothes and she did not speak. A salty tear escaped her ocean eyes as he touched her in places she was too afraid to deny him. She let out a whimper as she quietly said, "no". The girl slipped on her dress and whispered her apologies. The man grabbed her arm tightly, "How dare you f*****g tease me", he yelled. The first few hits hurt her but soon she felt numb. The things he called her were carved into her memory as her hands shook. That night she laid in bed alone humming the tune of an old lullaby.
November was cold and her skin grew paler. She had lost twenty pounds in the last seven months. "Let it burn", she would think as the vomit poured out her mouth. Food only tasted like guilt but coming up it wasn't much better. Snot would run down her nose and her tears slid down her cheek in the least graceful manner. She was never good enough, she could never be the first choice. The tune of an old lullaby was the only thing that calmed her stepping on to the scale containing the number that defined her. November just felt so cold.
February was the coldest of them all for the underweight girl with the broken heart. She gave her all to the world and the world spit her out like sour milk. She whispered, "Angels, if you're real please carry me gently. The world has been very rough", as she tied the thick rope. She hummed the tune of an old lullaby as she climbed onto the old wooden chair. The last sound she ever heard was the chair hitting the ground with one end of the rope tied to the ceiling hand and the other end around her neck.

© 2016 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is just tragic, oh the poor girl. it kinda made me mad, actually mad. but i liked it alot. thank you for sharing that

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow. Strong story. I love it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You took the reader to a melancholic world with you words....I love the plot setting and your concept of this story.....This is sad and talks about the girl's hurt soul...Awesomely written.....Full ratings!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow. Dark. This just makes me feel bad.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 5, 2016

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia


6 Degrees Later 6 Degrees Later

A Story by Kezia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You You

A Poem by Kira