The Photograph Taboo

The Photograph Taboo

A Story by Ehra Khan
"

Regarding the constant fear of hackers who don't spare photos and much more

"


Uploading a photograph on social media has literally become a taboo. What I fail to understand is why it's considered such a big deal.
  Teenagers feel it's 'cool' to upload pictures on social media and why not? A little bit show-off is allowed in everybody's life right? Well, let's forget the teens. There are a whole lot of other people from different age groups, trying to fit in or be cool. Then why the drama about uploading pictures on facebook?
I was asked to take down my pictures too. When I cited the example of an elder sister, the lamest answer I got was that, 'She's married. She can do what she wants'. That was quite disturbing and besides, I definitely didn't believe the last part, keeping in mind our society.
Another reason I was given was that, some perverts would blackmail me with my edited pictures. What I failed to understand was, what would they blackmail me for? The genuine and smart people around me would and should know that I would never defame myself or my family or friends. After all, I did have my self respect.

However, not all of us are brave lions. There are a few timid hearts. But who can blame them? Sometimes social neteorking sites too are at fault. When some bold ladies bring out the perverts in public, posts are pulled down. How exactly will any woman be courageous then, when encouragement itself is being condemned?

Things are getting uglier and it's not going to stop if we back dowm!

© 2016 Ehra Khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I personally think that our generation is using social media beyond limit, so the problems are becoming worse...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ehra Khan

7 Years Ago

Exactly what I've tried to convey :)
You must be careful. Years ago a Atlanta young girl(18 years old) posted photos of her friend who died, at the ocean in a private site. Somehow the photos showed up on adult sites. I recommend post nothing that can be changed. Internet is wide open. Never share private information. I agree with you. A sad world we live in.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ehra Khan

7 Years Ago

Of course! Thanks for stopping by:)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2016
Last Updated on June 1, 2016

Author

Ehra Khan
Ehra Khan

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
Writing, for me is when I'm in the state of extremes of any emotion- depression, happiness, anger, joy. It just strikes. Next thing I want is a pen and paper and I'm good to go. Life gives me a lot.. more..

Writing
Parched Parched

A Story by Ehra Khan