Lameria: Decisions in the Night

Lameria: Decisions in the Night

A Chapter by Khance
"

Really cant describe this, suppose you'd have to read it to find out... just remember, if you have questions, they'll likely be explained in later chapters.

"

The corridor leading towards the Kings bedchamber was dimly lit with flickering torches aligning the walls. A hooded man slowly crept his way towards the oaken doors, trying to mask the sound of his footsteps within the timing of the night-bell in the adjacent tower building.

Unsheathing his dagger, the man slowly advanced, waiting for the opportunity to arise. He would be alerted as to when to make his attack on the King. The plan had been simple, they were to storm the Lamerian Palace in the night, rescue their leader from the cells and then flee back to Ostola. Men had been stationed within the palace for weeks. This was the opportunity that they had been waiting for. Since his fight in the arena, the men knew that they had to save him. He was close to the edge and every time he killed a person his resolve to live dwindled.

The sounds of a large explosion echoed throughout the grounds. As panic set in, the hooded man clung to the wall and waited for the King to leave his chambers. “Don’t worry Cap’n, we’re on our way!” He said drew his cutlass with his other arm.

Ferazi turned around at the sound of the explosion and started towards his window. Anxious stood beside the chambers door, completely unfazed by the occurrence. “What the hell is going on?!” The King spat as he whirled around to face his advisor. Ferazi was gripping the edge of the stone sill as his eyes darted around the courtyard, looking for any sign of a threat. Anxious took a moment before he answered quite calmly. “I would imagine that it is the Necromancers, your highness!”

“Then why aren’t you on your way to the cells to deal with them?!” The King roared as he pointed at the door.

The advisor smiled slightly as he took a few steps forward, his right hand clicking its fingers, creating minute sparks of flame. “Because, your highness, there is an assassin waiting to kill you the moment we open the door… I merely suggest I deal with him before you go to the trouble of having me kill everyone else?”

Ferazi froze on the spot and his eyes darted towards the oaken doors before the narrowed and returned to gaze at Anxious. “Kill them all, and that cursed Necromancer!”

The advisor smiled momentarily before he turned and left the room. Ferazi could hear the sound of a scuffle outside and smiled as he waited for Anxious to return.

The hooded man waited silently as the door opened to reveal the King’s attendant. Catching his breath softly, the man reassessed the situation. The assailant realised that the likelihood of victory had just decreased heavily. Anxious closed the door behind him, took his tunic coat from his shoulders and threw it in front of him before throwing a jet of fire at it.

The man watched in awe as the magi caused the fabric to burst into flame. The crackling sound of the flames echoed in the empty corridor. Anxious, now wearing only his waistcoat and monocle smiled over at the man standing at the wall, before saying “He’s all yours…”

The hooded man was shocked at how easily the King’s right hand man had given him up. Anxious nodded back towards the door before rolling up his sleeves and setting off towards the eastern block of the palace. It had been too long since he had been able to use his powers. And going by the assailants entrance into the chambers, Anxious was no longer the Kings man.

“Why are you letting me do this?” The hooded man asked quietly as he remained at the wall. Anxious stopped momentarily before he turned around. “Because, I can…”

The assailant smiled at the retreating figure wondering what would become of him. Turning back to the oaken doors, the man smiled. “This mission might actually be a success…” he muttered to himself as he advanced on the unaware King.



© 2008 Khance


Author's Note

Khance
Its a slow start i know...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like Anxious! His name suits him, and I love how he was secretly a magi. It makes him more intriguing...

Another well done chapter!!

Always,
-Aurelia ♥

Posted 15 Years Ago


Whoa, I was confused for a second. Now someone's trying to kill Ferazi. Is it Alexis, do you think? No, wait-- don't tell me!

Posted 15 Years Ago


hmmmm, oooohhhh a new twist, nicely done Anxious, not expecting that, hehe. hmmm, now for the assassin...does he succeed? Dun dun dun!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2008


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shiroz: Dawning Shiroz: Dawning

A Chapter by Khance


Lameria: Arena Lameria: Arena

A Chapter by Khance