Revenge?

Revenge?

A Chapter by Khance
"

Which ship to take?

"

Khance stretched his arms out wide and breathed in a huge sigh of relief. “It’s nice to finally have some fresh air!” The former inmate started stretching all his muscles and limbs as he looked around him. “How many members have you recruited for the crew?” Travesty took a list from his breast pocket and started to unfold it. Alexis looked at the sword that hung at his waist, “Pure silver?” Julian looked up from the list with a smile, “Yes, it’s the colour of a Sky Pirate.” Travesty turned around with his arms outstretched. Khance however, just stared at him. “I was talking about the sword, not your clothes, but it’s nice to see that you’re still as vain as ever.” Julian frowned at the comment and looked himself over, “I think it’s nice...”

 

Khance laughed, “Still as defensive too. So, you didn’t answer, who do you have and who do you need?” Travesty looked briefly at the list. “We obviously we need to travel up north to find the wreckages.” Khance looked around sharply at those words, “Will we be going to the Sparse?” Julian paused momentarily, “Yes, we’re going there.” The former prisoner ran a hand through his silver hair and for the first time since seeing him, Travesty noticed a look of worry crossing Khance’s face. Julian smiled weakly, “I thought you’d be happy there, lots of warriors died there.” Khance sat down on the ledge of a window, “Two of them being our fathers. Julian, how many Dragons are there? We could bait them out of the Sparse and dispatch them if we tried.” Travesty sighed, “Yes, but the family ship crashed there, yours wasn’t far behind it.” Khance whirled around, “That’s why you’re going there?! Don’t be a fool, if it’s only for a ship, we’ll use the Mirella. It wasn’t the best, but it won the war!” Julian groaned, “Yes, it did win the war, but both you and I know what actually happened out there. We need the Revenge.”

 

Khance started walking down the street, his head twisting and turning, looking at the sights of the city as he pondered. “The Revenge was a great ship, it was a sturdy vessel, but it had no speed. The Mirella Family were all Pilots, that’s common knowledge. If you were thinking properly, you would try and get their ship; it should still be in the hanger on the south side of the city.” Julian nodded half heartedly, “Yes, I knew you would say that, but the problem is much more difficult than that. “You know the way our families were all able to do something extraordinary, that is why they chose to fight the war rather than run?”

 

“Yes and my family were punished for showing their talent!” Khance said bitterly. “That’s not the point.” Julian cut across, “There are dozens of dragons. They must have been breeding since the war.”

 

“So that’s why you want your ship? You think that you can honestly harness your own ability to that extent?” Khance asked earnestly, concern in his voice. Julian smiled weakly, “I’m going to have to try! The Mirella was a fast attack ship that could compete with the Dragons with speed and power; we’re going to have a problem if we use the Revenge.”

 

“But if what you say is true, the Mirella wouldn’t stand a chance against the volume of Dragons. It’s going to be very difficult.” Khance said as he placed his hand on his forehead, trying to shield his eyes from the sun. Julian looked at the list, “We have the white mage, and she’ll act as a healer.” Khance groaned, “Looks like I better not get hurt.”

 

“We have a cook...” Julian started, but Khance cut across him, “A cook?! What are you thinking of man?” however Julian continued, “...her name is Jess. Jessika Blaque. She works as a cook.” The sky pirate finished with a wink. Khance was shocked, “She’s being raised as a cook?!”

 

Julian shrugged his shoulders, “She’ll have the ability of her family, we’ll need it, but I don’t really know if she’ll be willing to go the distance and fight Dragons. You know what the Blaques were like; they did their duty and left asking never to be called again.” Julian said with a hint of sadness in his tone. “They were efficient, but you could tell they hated their work. You of all people can understand that.”

 

Khance smiled at the comment and thought for a moment, “If you’re re-launching the Revenge, you’re going to need engineers... do you have any lined up?”

 

Travesty grinned, “You’ll never guess who...”



© 2009 Khance


Author's Note

Khance
Have fun, I dont know about mistakes, but its story content i want you to enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YES, I've enjoyed every word of everything you added last week. what a treat to be able to sit down and read and read; I was so upset when I came to the end of this chapter. I can't really say how much fun it is to be a character, not to mention a very cool and interesting one. :) thanks so so much.

This is getting better and better--

need more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh I enjoyed it so much!!!

I like the tiny argument over what ships to use. Not only did I learn more about why the ships are so important, but I learned more about my "family" haha, as well as the Blaques.

This book is so interesting!! Keep up the amazing job!

Always,
-Aurelia ♥

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2009


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Full Check Up Full Check Up

A Chapter by Khance


Race to Heaven Race to Heaven

A Story by Khance


Forgotten Family Forgotten Family

A Chapter by Khance