Another Southern Summer Evening

Another Southern Summer Evening

A Poem by KateH038

A sky of velvet black beholding sparkling jewels gleaming within it's grasp.
These orbs so beautifully aglow, emit their brilliance throughout the rich, vast sky.
These mesmerizing splendors are paired with an ever so light, crisp wind that gently grazes the hair on the nape of my neck as it presents a renewed air...
Adoration is eminsely felt amidst this evening as I relish the astonishing ellegance being disbursed from the grand showcase here tonight.
Just beyond the wood line, I hear the faint rippling of water - a calm, subtle flow. Mingling with it are the choruses of crickets, the songs of frogs, the slight rustling of tree tops and the owl in the distance who also announces it's presence.
The delicate wind carries an aromatic country aroma...that of wild roses, dewy earth and trees of pine. The mixture envelopes my presence from the inside out as I fill my lungs with a clean breath.
There is such a peaceful, serene tranquillity that graces the atmosphere on this eve as there is not a sound to be heard but those of mother nature.
Closing my eyes, I drift into the most serene feeling that I've ever experienced in my existence. Thank you, mother nature, for sharing this extraordinary evening with me.....

© 2017 KateH038


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet. Reminds me of growing up in Ohio. We lived in the country with large pond and would layout at night looking at the stars and breathing in the world.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KateH038

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading and reviewing this poem!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017

Author

KateH038
KateH038

AL



About
This is my secondary account since I, for some reason, cannot log back into my other account. This section will offer the same info about me as my other account did - I'm the mother of 2 children, a 1.. more..

Writing
Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Poem by KateH038