The Day My World Changed (Revised)

The Day My World Changed (Revised)

A Poem by KateH038
"

For my brother....rest in paradise. I'll see you when I get there.

"
- I've been a complete mess since you've gone away. I wish I could rewind the time and convince you to stay.

- I had ceased to think with any reasoning, felt no more purpose at all, as my world crumbled around me, with that dreadful call.

- I was just moving about, beginning my day. My phone rang, it was early, the news took my breath away.

- A stranger then asked me whether or not I knew you and it hit me that instant, as it began to sink in - you'd been taken from me, I'd never see you again.

- I tried convincing myself that it wasn't true. A shiver, then violent shakes. "Oh God, what happened? What did you do?"

- The clock stopped and held me frozen in time, then I began to fall. Now, in the floor I lay, a crumpled pile of nothing, more numb than I can ever recall.

- My tears fell freely like that of pouring rain. A part of me inside now was dying. Nothing ever, could compare to the pain.

- Words could never describe my emptiness in that particular time and place. Already I yearned to hug you again, to just see your face....

- Looking back now, it's been years since that day. I've still and yet, to find a way.
An easier way to cope, now that you're not here but at least I still have our memories to forever hold dear.

© 2020 KateH038


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I could feel the distress and the hurt in this piece. It reminds me that one day i will lose my siblings or they will lose me i dont want to experience it. Good write to remember your brother

Posted 5 Years Ago


You express very well the way many of us have felt on such terrible days. It reminds me of my own early morning phone call concerning my younger brother. Hopefully, we'll see them again.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KateH038

6 Years Ago

Oh, yes sir. I firmly believe that we'll see them again. They're just waiting on us to get there. I'.. read more
KateH038

6 Years Ago

(Correction to above)
Endure **
Your family IS your absolute last line of defense and support when life "happens"- as it A L W A Y S does; and yet, sometimes family DOES treat its own shabbily - go figure.

When we lose those that CARE about us and for us - we are always the lesser with their passing. We have our memories and the forever sad smile they left within.

Posted 6 Years Ago


KateH038

6 Years Ago

Your comment made me tear up, Chris. Right you are. As always, thank you for your time as well as yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on May 29, 2020

Author

KateH038
KateH038

AL



About
This is my secondary account since I, for some reason, cannot log back into my other account. This section will offer the same info about me as my other account did - I'm the mother of 2 children, a 1.. more..

Writing
Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Poem by KateH038