The other truth

The other truth

A Story by Mk2
"

A short story from the prespective of a mentally ill man, but with another truth within his words.

"

Strolling along the beach, sand fills my shoes with each step. My eyes witness a deformed vessel, waiting near. My suitcase starts to shiver, I imagine the white clothed vessel spinning, portioning, setting my fate. Hesitation teases me, responsibility scolds me I take another step.

 

Long ago, my heart became a thinker. To explain,

 

I remember my weakness with my loved one, I couldn’t share my mind, I had to suit my feelings. For our honeymoon, we visited Jardin Zoologique d'Acclimatation. The zoo had too much valuable life, which may have rivalled mine. She, picked off a young flower, with a thorny tinge . She did not think much of it, but I did. Their roots belong elsewhere, they’re weak out in the open, they’d wilt slowly. Surely it’s an act of dominance, not femininity, through a feeble delicate flower ! She said it won’t make a difference,

 

“There’s a lot of them, like cotton fields, they’ll be replaced easily, like rabbits in the spring”.

 

Still, I wasn’t feeling at rest, I wanted to plant this flower again, but I might injure my hands, staining them red, even then the roots are severed would that be false hope? Or maybe I’ll buy a swan neck flask and put the flower there, but what about the other flowers, too many flowers and not too many flasks. We later played Tetris, my T piece didn’t satisfy her complementing one, I later found that she enjoyed Solitaire, more. Our relationship was a crossroad, and so were my thoughts.

 

Here, I am and my weakness, we both board the vessel and sail an endless stretch. The oceans below ripple, and I continue through.

 

 I wanted water to clog my ears, but the vessel groans. I wanted to touch water, but I was confined by metal.  I was only allowed to look. Maybe, if I shrivel, I’ll change for the better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were to survey uncharted areas, the travel was long and the crew became tired, we didn’t know our goal. But their hope wells, I saw a rim of light draw as I continued, it grew in vibrancy. As I approached it contrasted to the sea of blue and black shades speckled by white flakes. I reached the margin, the horizon and saw my past and my future, side by side. I was forced to contemplate the past and reconsider what the future holds. Briskly, colored panes waltz into my eyes, light glistens upon them, creating colours my eyes forgot. And within this peace, my soul discovered a colour, I became a pioneer that instant. I knew, then that I was blessed with a hopeless past for a special today. I decided to shrivel, I didn’t need water, I shunned the past, lived for this second, waited for the next. And become the god of my fate .The survey ended there, the crew saw nothing’s worth. I returned.

 

 

The sun rolls up the sky dome, I reminisce the long journey in the depths of the sky. I finally see the sun on earth, not through a window, in the winter of space. Its yellow, reminds me of hope, the colour I discovered, and the lesson I learnt,

 

Look at the other side, you might discover a colour!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Mk2


Author's Note

Mk2
Try to seacrh up some words, they'll give you hints.
Be carefull and don't assume things that are left open.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on November 18, 2017
Last Updated on November 18, 2017
Tags: short, stroy, The, other, truth, metaphor, metaphorical

Author

Mk2
Mk2

Australia



About
Love writing, but people around me give me subjective feedback. I decided to start online. more..