standing in the battlefield

standing in the battlefield

A Story by Kiari Sabon
"

war

"

Standing in the battlefield hearing the bark of guns and cries of the wounded next to me. Everything’s a blur. I feel pain in my heart and mind, as I’m firing back at the enemy. Now my mind is buzzing with thoughts but my fear does not let me hear them. The enemy retreats. I hear nothing but the screams of the wounded. The sound is terrible and I start to cry. Then I tell myself I am a soldier I will not sit here and cry while others need help. When I stand I am glad to see others helping the wounded. Some have tears in their eyes just as I did. I carry a few of the wounded to a man that’s checking their wounds. I take over watch at the camp with eleven others. Five hours later I am replaced. I went back to the battlefield to make sure we had gotten all the wounded, which took me two hours. When I get back to camp it’s dark so I went to my tent and tried to clear my head. I woke with a startle all I could hear was shouting and gun fire. I grabbed my gun and ran out of my tent. It was a horrific sight. Men and women being slaughtered. Once again my mind was buzzing everything was a blur and I was surrounded by fear. I found myself firing at the enemy once more. I feel a sharp pain in my leg so I look down and see below my knee a hole gushing blood. I start to feel dizzy and pass out. When I come to I can’t feel below my knee. I look down and I am shocked to see that below my knee is nothing. It took me almost a whole year to get used to it but I did. Now I sit here and share my story with you…….

© 2011 Kiari Sabon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

thank u all

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great work! Very expressive and powerful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very cool work !

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

729 Views
4 Reviews
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011
Tags: war

Author

Kiari Sabon
Kiari Sabon

morehead, KY



About
Im broken its as simple as that but it seems all writers have seen the darkest and brightest moments being able to capture the hearts of so many. I can't bring myself to talk to those i should but whe.. more..

Writing
Rada Rada

A Poem by Kiari Sabon