My Thinking Tree

My Thinking Tree

A Story by Kiari Sabon

       Thinking is all I do thinking is all I know. But thinking is not easy when TV’s are going and people are talking. This is why I have my thinking tree. It’s a place of peace in an always moving town. A tree with a trunk curving over a flowing creek, at the end of a lush green field, in a cluster of buildings. A perfect curve in the trunk to lay, and watch the sky. A place where time is at a standstill. This is my thinking tree.

            As I sit in my thinking tree the world sings to me. The flowing of water over rocks in the creck below. The rustle of leaves in the wind and the sing song of birds above. These are the sounds I turn to in a time of sadness or pain. In these times of need these voices of the world calm me as in turn dose the perfume of the tree. The sweet scent of wild flowers on a warm day. The water and mud from the creck below. Rich soil and cut grass from the field around. This is my peace and to top off my place of safe haven I gather honeysuckles from nearby and drink the sweet and rare bitter nectar of them.  

            When I have lost someone near to me I run over soft grass sharp flesh ripping rocks. I  grab on to the thick rough vine hanging from my tree and climb up and sit upon the rough bark and soft moss of my tree. I hug the vine to keep myself from falling to the rocks below. I sob and I shake. I remember them. I remember their voice, smile, their words, and their love. I remember my time with them. I remember their face. I remember all I can for as long I can. I soon forget their face.

             When there is no more pain no more sorrow no loss in my life my tree becomes a web of thoughts memories and ponderings and I the spider sit upon its center.  At night I gaze upon the stars and moon. I wonder what’s out there and how does the universe grow every day? The only thing I know of that has unlimited space and always gets bigger is thoughts and the mind. Are we in Gods mind? Are we sub-conscience? He did think us and bam it happened. A red bird fly’s in my line of sight ill see someone I know soon. Who could it be? My mom my dad my best friend? Then a shooting star goes by. If I make a wish will it come true? Is magic real? What happened to make it go by here and now? My thoughts never stop even out of my thinking tree there just more clear in my place of peace.

Every time I find myself in my tree I wander aloud “will I fall from my perch today?” so far I have not fell once from my place of peace. If I had I wouldn’t be writing this. I think. Just as I find an answer to a long wondered question my phone plays “Life’s a Bittersweet Symphony”, it’s my best friend Roze. She has a problem and needs my help again.  It’s a problem with her mom. Their fighting again so I tell her’ “Go to the ocean for you do live in Florida my friend. Make it your leave me be let me think my place of peace and if need be let me cry place. Let it be your thinking water.” Now we both have are thinking place. Are place of peace.

© 2012 Kiari Sabon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful imagery and this place really does sound like a great place to think! Wish i had a place like that! great write! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lost in thought as always

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thanks :) 2 all

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW.. I really like it, i think every one needs something like your thinking tree.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2012

Author

Kiari Sabon
Kiari Sabon

morehead, KY



About
Im broken its as simple as that but it seems all writers have seen the darkest and brightest moments being able to capture the hearts of so many. I can't bring myself to talk to those i should but whe.. more..

Writing
Rada Rada

A Poem by Kiari Sabon