Living in 2016

Living in 2016

A Story by Kiesha
"

This is just a short monologue about how I view the world this year.

"
When I walk outside my house I see peace. When I close my eyes I see peace. That's what I want for this messy world. I'd like to say I live in the United States, but I can't say that without choking on the words. United? When was the last time we were United. We are a giant group of people who ridicule people for who they love, solve murder with murder, and trash anyone's views who aren't our own. We can't look passed what is on the surface of people, and always are so quick to judge. We are gonna be our own demise. If another country or a radical extremist wants to try to end our way of life- we are already about to hand it to them on a silver platter.
For some reason we care who someone goes to bed with at night. People like to think its okay to call someone of a same sex realtionship all sorts of horrific things. It is 2016, that should be okay. You should be able to love who you want. Isn't what matters is that a person is in love. Biologically we are made up of the same cells, and molecules. But if biologically I'm a girl, I have to love a boy. The world says you have to think one way. Well America. Love is love. Am I telling you to not be against same sex relationships. No. I'm saying if someone isn't against it. Don't tell them they're wrong or this is what God says. Well their God loves and accepts all. Maybe you should second guess who you believe in if He is allowing you to want to murder someone for believing in their own happiness.
I thought years ago we've evolved passed racism. I was wrong. It's almost worse than it was. We want to solve murder, with murder. That's no way to get your point across. Someone once said to me after I told them I was Native American, he said well it looks like you live your life out as a privileged white girl. I was so appalled at the fact I've made something of myself he wanted to say "looks like" and that I know nothing of people prejudged. Do I have to be so cautious or constantly deal with it. No. And I'm not going to say I know what it feels like to be a black American or Muslim American or Mexican American in today's society. But if you don't like all the prejudgment, don't do it to others either. None of it is right.
When you look at the world. Ask yourself, is this the world I wanna live in. A place where everyone says don't trust the government. A place where we are almost back go segregation in all different forms. A place where murder is not shocking anymore. We live in a numb soulless world, and that's not a place I'm comfortable living.

© 2016 Kiesha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: 2016, race, culture, black, white, civil, war, United States, politics, monologue, sad, peace, reality

Author

Kiesha
Kiesha

CO



About
21 year old student with a lot on her mind. more..