Insomnia part III

Insomnia part III

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Another scene of a man who suffers insomnia

"

            3:33am is the time, some say it’s the holly hour, some say it’s and hour of evil, all he knows is that it’s time to pray, knowing prayer will not change god, but changes him who prays, on his knees he left his head

“he doesn’t hear you” shiver down his spin made these words,

 “it’s you again!” said in surprise and comfort,

“yes it’s you again, me again, us again”,

 “do you think I don’t know,”

 “I know you do, but you have your doubts, hopes and misbelief”

“well I do have faith,” in a calm voice he response,

“we all do, don’t we! It’s nothing but an infidel prayer”

He arouse to his feet straightened his back and said “but I’m not an infidel”

“you’re not, but you don’t rely on him,”

“why should I, I have myself, and he does not need me!”

“then why were you on your knees?”

He went astray for few seconds, “I was taught to be”

“but you always teach yourself, and since when do you listen to what you were taught? Have you stopped seeking the truth behind the truth?”

“long time I did, it’s of no use, I’m tired of swimming against the stream looking for an idea, years and years I have spent on one foot instead of knees, and what for?”

Silence took over, “it’s a first that you don’t response, are you finally lost?”

“am I?” silence again, he offered him a seat and a clean glass of water, for the first time both had no disagreement with each others, they both agree upon being lost, they both sat to enjoy wilderness of mind, after troubling search among many years.

 

            “6 months and no sleep at night, 6 months and hardly enough sun, 14 hours of work, 6 hours of pain and guilt and 4 hours of sleep, what are you doing this for?” moments after a liberating minute he said,

“for myself, and for money, I’m doing this because I can!”

“and your family and friends, how about your health?”

“I try to keep balance, I will make balance soon, if not now I work hard then when?”

“and the soul within?”

“long it was gone, with the powder of a gun!”

“how poetic, how pathetic, how realistic yet weak,” he takes out a paper as he speaks,

“another invoice to be paid?”

“it’s not what you think, take a look and tell me what you see”

Lines on a graph, looks like a graph of heartbeats, but a bit messy, a bit incorrect

“who’s this for?”

“it’s yours, ours if I may say,”

“what does it mean?”

“it means you have to quit,”

“quit? Quit what? My job, well not yet”

“your job as a start, your search for your lost soul, you should accept what you are, you are nothing but a fragment, no matter how many souls you save, you can never be one of them.”

The lines are getting thinner, the room starts to spin, the familiar face turns black his heart accelerates, and he falls on the ground unconscious, looking at the time, 3:33am, that is when the other left.



© 2012 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
Reviews are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

" 3:33am is the time, some say it’s the holly hour, some say it’s and hour of evil, all he knows is that it’s time to pray, knowing prayer will not change god, but changes him who prays, on his knees he left his head"
Well written ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

" 3:33am is the time, some say it’s the holly hour, some say it’s and hour of evil, all he knows is that it’s time to pray, knowing prayer will not change god, but changes him who prays, on his knees he left his head"
Well written ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Would be hell to not be able to sleep. The story getting stronger. I could feel the desperation and desire to find rest. Good description gave life to the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


omg this is amazing! it seems like you are speaking to ur inner concious, or it could be the demon inside u u need to release! or the inner voice u must listen to! i love this and it is by far one of the best things you have written it had so much meaning, it is so deep, but i understand every single word behind this peice, and i can read in between the lines! excellent!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brain-wash Brain-wash

A Poem by M.Kilani


Random Echoes Random Echoes

A Chapter by M.Kilani


Crow Crow

A Poem by M.Kilani