Insomnia part V

Insomnia part V

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Another scene about a man having insomnia

"

“5:58am, time to awaken them”, he sits to his typewriter; nothing in mind, as he lights a cigarette his friend appears;

“aren’t you tired of chasing faces in headlights, after many temporary smiles and laughter they went home, and you’re home; knowing none is yours to keep, uninvited”

“but there was warmth of skin, the way the eyes met, laughter then was truth and fears, I sense truth behind the truth,  I sense there’s a lot under the tongue.”

Changes the voice, another one appears, looking exactly the same, same as him a bit older though, like a narrator he speaks; “he sits to his typewriter, the one that made many names and stories, never were his, a flashback of memory, when melancholy, pride joy, comfort and hope filled him, that was when he read his name inked by others, among ten other names.”

He smiles for a second, fear takes over him because of the second one, looks exactly like him, yet younger, still he smiles, his smile turns to a smirk;” you are right, whenever I look around, even though I'm not always there, I look at the crowds around me, I see harmony, love, brotherhood and laughter, they don't know it, but if I didn't come across their lives... none of this would've happened, each have done something; true, but if they weren't among this mess, would THEY made it? Each on one’s own… for once I allow my ego to speak for me... I made this, I gathered pieces of this and I couldn't be more proud”

“but you wanted her, you did that to get her, who ever she is” a third one appears, holding a glass of red wine; “ you made her smile every day, offered a lot, taught her a lot, she made you happy for a while... until she called you by your last name… they all do”

Cold room and insomnia, he's not sure how many pills he took, he was never founded by pills, he summons and awaits the voices return” says the older one, “Cold knuckles, clear mind, sleeplessness and a touch of hunger. where is the night going with all of this, where does it take him?”

“shut up old one” says the third, “can’t you see he’s out of control”

He continues; “He vows himself to finish the pack, night ends, so ends his shift, aches his chest, he rebels against pain; feeling in control”

“A warrior would make a weapon out of anything in order to fight, but only a knight would make peace using his weapon. It takes a weapon to make a warrior, but a knight to make peace… and you… you are pathetic, neither a warrior nor a knight” says the first “is that your weapon, ink and tar?”

“but…”

“you think you’re an artist…”

Says the old man: “she told him ‘There's no artistry in killing with the tip, it should be done with the edge.’ she looked him at the eye as she took the blooded blade out of his rival’s chest,”

“I thought so as well,” the crazy one said “but her laughter was of evil, made him think it's not protection she needed, not even a hand of help, it was the thrill she was after, the sight of two men willing to end a life for her, for her steel heart, her icy body and her wicked mind.”

The third steps forward and says: “then he said 'edge is more ... romantic, don't you think… promise, next time you'll have it by the edge'."

“Tick tock… tick tock… engrave them word on a rock” as he puts aside his typewriter, his head hits the table and faints for a minute, he wakes up all alone, 5:55am… “time for me to sleep”



© 2012 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
Reviews are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this chapter is amazing
I love mess he puts himself in and how finds a way out of it all by sleeping
this was my Favorite
" he sits to his typewriter, the one that made many names and stories, never were his, a flashback of memory, when melancholy, pride joy, comfort and hope filled him, that was when he read his name inked by others, among ten other names.”
and this part as well:
"A warrior would make a weapon out of anything in order to fight, but only a knight would make peace using his weapon. It takes a weapon to make a warrior, but a knight to make peace… and you… you are pathetic, neither a warrior nor a knight” says the first “is that your weapon, ink and tar?”

Well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Kilani

11 Years Ago

Thank you dear, I'm really glad you find it so, it's a bit chaotic, but this is how it's supposed to.. read more



Reviews

this chapter is amazing
I love mess he puts himself in and how finds a way out of it all by sleeping
this was my Favorite
" he sits to his typewriter, the one that made many names and stories, never were his, a flashback of memory, when melancholy, pride joy, comfort and hope filled him, that was when he read his name inked by others, among ten other names.”
and this part as well:
"A warrior would make a weapon out of anything in order to fight, but only a knight would make peace using his weapon. It takes a weapon to make a warrior, but a knight to make peace… and you… you are pathetic, neither a warrior nor a knight” says the first “is that your weapon, ink and tar?”

Well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Kilani

11 Years Ago

Thank you dear, I'm really glad you find it so, it's a bit chaotic, but this is how it's supposed to.. read more
I like the chapter a lot. Some old wisdom and question brought to life in the chapter. When the mind is tire. Will wander and ponder many things. No weakness in the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing