Insomnia part VI

Insomnia part VI

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Another scene of a man having insomnia

"

3:45am he woke up from a deep sleep he didn’t have for years, although two hours but they felt like a life time; “remember that colonel and his sergeant assistant,” the voice was yelling, “they couldn’t boss you didn’t they, you didn’t give them a chance” he wakes up, burning skin, heavy short fat breath and grinding teeth

“no they didn’t”

“you locked them in the office, you scared the ghost of their forefathers with one shout and a line, remember why?”

“he accused him wrong and called him a bloody fool”

“they were stealing from their country in his name”

“they dragged him into death industry”

“they gave me bad dreams… I gave them words to remember”

He drinks some water takes off the blankets “the military court is one phone call away”

“there was a look of anger in his eyes that day, church organ, troops for protection, a bill rang as a murder of crows flew by” same old him said.

“and they called you sir, you were the only civilian and they called you sir, not older than their sons and they called you sir, you are insane my friend, you left that all for you’re the  weakness of your heart”

“and my pride, I can still remember last call that lieutenant made, I was the last heard his voice”

“so what, you’ve been dealing with death ling before, you turned weak since your friend died”

“that poor friend of yours died happy at least, you’ll die sad and pathetic”

“are we done with memories” say another in a suit, “look me in the eye and call me a fool again, that’s what you said, we know, but what is it you’re going to do now”

“yes, what is it you’re going to do now”

“are you going to stand up and risk it all”

“are you even going to stay”

“they have stolen your life away”

“at least back then they gave you power and respect”

“they took away your chances, they took away your friends they took away your family”

“and they took away your heart… twice”

“tomorrow you all will see”

“he couldn’t tell whether it was weakness that made him stay, or was it strength to stay, would he be coward to run away, or coward to leave”

“I never thought of you as a weak man, but you’ve been bitching your sorrow away”

“shame on you”

“misery likes company, but they want fun”

“how pathetic”

“you’re asking for their sympathy”

“how dramatic”

“let's beat him”

"tick tock tick tock... how many sleeping pills have you took"

“they took turns punching him, he couldn’t fight back, just taking punches and standing tall, until he hit the floor, they kicked him until he bled, even his knuckles bled, then on the ground he fainted… ‘I deserve it’ he said”

The phone rings, he wakes up on his chair and a typewriter on his disk, he answers the phone but no one is there, a static white noise, he checks his expensive watch to see it’s 3:30am, bloody knuckles, he lights a cigarette looks at its end to find stains of blood.



© 2012 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
Reviews are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the tale in the chapter. The struggle and memories came alive. I like the flow and the thoughts of the story and character. A strong ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing