Destruction

Destruction

A Poem by M.Kilani

How strong am I, I've been asked,  And I thought of releasing all I masked; I survived heartache and the loss of God, A friends massacre and another's fraud.
 Illness and sickness of everyday, Loss of hope, and dismay, darkness and emptiness deep inside smile is gone and joy has died.
 A blood stained shirt, seen wrongful hate, another red of wine seeking another sign, No marks of sin upon the skin No more life is left within; just an empty suitcase of dreams I no longer chase, of a man who no longer can rage; young is the body, soul old in age.
 As I slowly disappear, no one stands near,  how can you kill a man without fear; even that I lost, even the trust ,even the warm salty easing tear.
 Not a part of the nation, as I try to detach from it all, but no longer I can build a wall, now destruction is a form of creation.
 Dark seems the future, although bright was the past, narrow is horizon, no longer it looks vast.
 Lay me down and prepare me for agony, rest I need to walk the extra mile, if death is the next in my destiny, death I welcome with a smile.

© 2013 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 21, 2013

Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing