Life is what it is!

Life is what it is!

A Story by Kim Martin

 

Life is what it is, life! Of course that means different things to us all. Life to me is four kids, a husband, cousins, brothers, a nephew, a sister, aunts, uncles and grandparents, oh yeah plus the in laws. Life at times can get really flipped upside down. I can only say that family can either help keep it all together or they are the cause, but in any instants they are there and I am happy to say that I have a family. Even with all the quirks! I, sometimes feel as if I am alone in life, just me and the kids, but then a phone will ring and a friend or relative will be on the other end.
It is funny how family and friends can change how a person feels about life in general as in the everyday life situation. I mean my cousin came over on Sunday and it was great, I got to see her and her little girl. Then, later that day, I got to see Tom’s Uncle and his family, it was pretty cool to see all the kids together and well it was fun. For the longest time I felt as if I really didn’t have anyone other than my foster family, then one day I looked up and found that I have a grandmother, Aunts and Uncles, cousins, second-cousins, great-aunts, great-uncles and kids, a husband the whole nine yards, even a dog. I am not sure about how to handle it all but I am working on it. Some I talk to, some I try not to, but I love them all in one way or another. Even the trifling ones and you know who you are, not saying that I am not the same at times, just not as often.
Life will continue even if you stand still, it is ever evolving and never ending. Life will knock the crap out of you and put you back together, the moral is that life is the one thing you can count on being there.

© 2009 Kim Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on August 7, 2009

Author

Kim Martin
Kim Martin

Holly, MI



About
About me, well I am currently a full time student changing careers. I have four beautiful children and live in a wonderful home town of Holly. more..

Writing
Friends Friends

A Poem by Kim Martin