Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Tiffany

Chapter One
Kester, the popular boy in school. He has deep hazelnut brown eyes, light brown coloured hair and he's skinny but not too skinny. It has been half a year since school started. Kester and I were classmates in all of my classes. Since last year, almost the whole school knew that Kester had a crush on me, but I felt different, I only saw him and treated him like a friend, nothing more or less. But that was last year, right now I felt different. My heart fluttered whenever I see him or even if he gets close to me.
It was Sunday today; we had to get back to school tomorrow. As I packed my school bag, my cell phone suddenly rang. It was Kester. I slide my finger across the smooth surface of my screen to answer the call.
"Hello? What's up?" I asked, but over the other side, it was silent. Like when you are in a car with all the doors closed.
"Hello? Kester?" I asked again. Suddenly sobs could be heard.
"What's wrong?" I asked as I stood up from my chair and my eyes widen, starting to get worried. Kester wasn't the type of guy who cried. It's either someone was prank calling me or either something pretty bad has happened.
"Lizzy, do you mind coming over to my place. Now?" he asked.
"Okay, just wait awhile. I'm on my way." I said and Kester hung up. I threw the books I was going to put in my bag on to my bed. I grabbed my jacket and my phone and made my way down the stairs to the first level.
"Mum! I'm going to Kester's place for a moment!" I shouted to the kitchen where my mum was preparing dinner.
"Okay, be back in time for dinner!" she replied as I slammed the main door shut. As fast as I could, I ran to Kester's house which was just three houses down the road. The first thing that caught my eyes were tapes that read DO NOT CROSS were plastered around the main entrance of his house. Since I couldn't go in, I stood outside and looked into the house at the same time looking for Kester.
As I looked around, something hanging from the ceiling in the house caught my attention. I gasped as my hands flew towards my mouth, covering them. I slowly stepped back as my shoes shuffled against the rough ground, my eyes opened so big till my eyeballs felt it was going to drop any moment. I was scared, shocked and at the same time terrified. Ken, Kester's older brother was hanging from the ceiling with a rope around his neck, dead. The next thing I saw was that a message 'MY REVENGE, WHO WILL BE NEXT? CALLING HER...' written on the blank piece of wall beside Ken in blood. Anyone could see that wasn't a suicide but a murder. But why would anyone kill him? He was such a nice person. My eyes went back to Ken as I saw red, teeth markings on the left side of his neck, like some...thing bit him. Chills went down my spine; I immediately let out a high pitched scream as I thought about that something. I knew it could never have existed in this world, there was no such thing. I reassured myself.
I knew I couldn't stay there any longer, as I turned around, wanting to run back home. That was when Kester appeared. I jumped back in shock; his face was as pale as a vampire, like there was not even a single drop of blood in him. His eyes were red; I knew he was just done crying. That explained the sobs I heard through the phone. His mother was following behind him, her eyes filled with tears, looking at Kester. His mother died when he was only ten. I could see them... spirits. Soon, Ken's spirit also appeared beside Kester. I could read their thoughts. He was apologizing to him. Ken's gaze fell on me, I quickly looked away, not wanting them to know I could see them. I set my gaze on Kester as he walked towards me.
"Lizzy, what are you doing here?" Kester asked once he was closer to me.
"You called me and told me to come here, didn't you?" I replied him in a trembling voice as I set my gaze to the rough road.
"No, I didn't..." he replied. If he didn't who else did? It couldn't be a prank call after I saw what happened. I looked back up into his hazelnut coloured eyes which was looking into his house, His eyes widen. He looked at me then back into the house again. I turned towards the house and saw that he was looking at the message the killer had left for him. I suddenly felt a tight grip on my shoulders as Kester placed his hands on them. I turned back as his eyes met mine, this time; his eyes were not the playful type but a serious looking one. I was starting to get worried.
"Lizzy, you must listen to me at all cost..." he said and he paused as he took a deep breath.
"Do not answer my phone calls from now on, because..." he trailed off, and continued. My body tensed up, not really wanting to hear what he was going to say next.
"That will not be me, but something else..."


© 2015 Tiffany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015
Tags: Spiritual, Horror, Fantasy, School


Author

Tiffany
Tiffany

Singapore



Writing
The Encounter The Encounter

A Chapter by Tiffany