Dream of the Woods

Dream of the Woods

A Chapter by Fantasy Is My Reality
"

This is the opening chapter of my new book I'm writing for English class. Hope you enjoy it even though it's still kind of a work in progress. Please comment!

"

I walk. The damp leaves brush my skin sending tingles up my spine. My silver eyes closed, arms outstretched, I allow my instincts to guide me through this place so familiar yet so strange. A warm spring breeze toys with my crimson hair and the lacy hem of my white dress as I move. Bare feet meet earth in near silent steps as I follow the path before me, the green path that someone has created for me. The world smells of the rain of the afternoon and the full moon shines down like a kinder sun, making priceless crystals out of dew. My fingertips touch the rough paper of a cotton wood tree and I turn right. The wind calls my name, ‘Lilith…’ it whispers. Something calls me, pulls at my senses. Dream and reality meet crossing over and forming something more beautiful together than each ever could alone. Suddenly I stop. The world has stopped. The sounds of crickets and frogs which once filled my surrounding have been silenced. Everything has vanished. I open my eyes.

There he is. ‘I’ve been searching for him?’ A creature, a  beast, a… monster? No. I hold my breath. I’m scared, but not because of the one before me. No. I am fearful of my lack of fear, of my body’s desire to move forward, to go to him. Every rational part of my brain is screaming ‘Go back!’ but I can’t go back. The path has disappeared, covered in dark trees. There’s nowhere to go but forward. His golden eyes burn with a heat I can’t resist. I don’t want to be rational right now.

I take a slow step, then another, each one bringing me closer to him. There’s an ache in my chest, but not that of fear, my chest aches because of the space between us. There’s too much. I begin moving faster but the space can’t disappear soon enough. I rush forward and collapse in front of him, clutching at the grass. I bow, kneeling before him and gazing down at sharp clawed hand like paws. I can sense him smile above me. I look up into his eyes. Up close they burn like an amber fire. I smile. Our eyes meet for a moment and my brain melts, when he breaks the connection there is a moment of los, I feel cold. After the feeling has passed I follow his gaze. Looking up into the branches of a small tree I spy a key. It’s a strange item, made of gold and silver loosely blended together, still apart but at the same time one. It hangs from a simple dark brown leather string. It captures my attention. I reach for it tentatively and the beast nods encouragingly. I wrap my fingers around it and yank, breaking the chord. There’s a definite snap that echoes through the silence bringing the quiet back to my attention. I kneel again and examine the key in my hand. Its smooth metal finish shines beautifully in the moonlight. The top has a sun etched in one side and a moon on the other and the teeth that you would stick into the keyhole curve like a smile. There are even two eyes staring, one silver, one gold. Those aren’t the only eyes I feel watching me. I look up from the key and once again I meet those amber eyes. I lean forward not sure of what I’m doing. The beast smiles and leans forward as well. He brings his muzzle close to my ear and I can feel his breath as he whispers “I’ll be waiting for you, Lilith.” Suddenly the woods are gone, the beast has vanished and the silence consumes me. Something wraps itself around my legs and I can’t move. I scream.



© 2012 Fantasy Is My Reality


Author's Note

Fantasy Is My Reality
Please review! I'm always looking to improve my writing so if you see anything wrong with grammar or spelling please let me know! I hope to make this into a whole book so I want to make sure it's well written and that people like it. Comments like "I love it!" are always nice to though XD Lol So please comment honestly even if it's not an acctual review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2012
Tags: Lilith, Beast, Wonderland, forest, woods, fantasy, dream, wolf