Story

Story

A Screenplay by Kristoffer Kindh
"

A Script that I started with a time ago. It is based in an existed universe called Exile Wars.

"

 

RADIO (OC)

S5! Are you there S5!

CUT TO

Cold and harsh climate, hard winds blowing. Open tundra with mountain in the background.

WIDEN - TO SHOW A MAN

RADIO (OC)

S5 do you read me?

A white figure is shown, slick suit pulsing blue neon lights around. Breathing mask and backpack with a container on the back. Small puffs of gas are steaming out of the backpack.

S5

S5 here!

RADIO (OC)

What’s the situation?

PAN RIGHT - OVER THE SHOULDER

A heard of large animals is within visual range, inside the blizzard. Bus size animals walking on six legs covered in long fur. Three animals are marching.

S5

There are three of them now; they are walking towards the canyon. Strange.

RADIO (OC)

What is the suit temperature?

PAN DOWN - FOCUS ON DEVICE ON ARM

Several readings is showing but there is a man figure with pulsing red and yellow marks on it.

S5

Twenty degrees and going down with oh point one degree a minute.

RADIO (OC)

That’s an affirmative; your mission is a go. I repeat you are clear to engage.

PAN RIGHT - OVER THE SHOULDER

He lifts up his rifle and aims down the sight, several vires are connected between the rifle and him. He holds his breath, fires one, two, three shots.


CUT TO - LOOKING IN THE SCOOP

The sight is cracked in the corner; the crosshair is orange with the ammo counter in the corner. Showing two of five bullets left. The three large animals are down


S5

Target down.


RADIO (OC)

Acknowledge. we will send the truckers. Hold your position. ETA twenty-five minutes.


PULL BACK - OVER THE SHOULDER

He put the safety back on the rifle and swings it over his arm with careful hands.


CUT TO - DEVICE ON HIS ARM

Its redder now, the entire shape of the man is almost completely red. With a number ticking down at the side, 59.0.


CUT TO - SHOWING HIM FROM THE FRONT IN COMPLETE IMAGE

He starts to walk downwards; he jumps up and starts to slide.


WIDE SHOT " S5 SLIDING DOWN CLIFF

He gains momentum fast, plows through the snow, forming a cloud of white behind him. With great speed he almost flies down the cliff.


OVER THE SHOULDER

A rock formation passes by to the left. He steers with his body down the cliff. Dodging several rocks and rock formations. Closing in on the end of the cliff. Twenty meters down to ground level.


He steers and slides to a sudden stop at the edge. Snow drops as he looks down. Hard fall against the sharp rocks beneath.


POINT OF VIEW " S5

The ground starts to shake, several pieces of rock smash down to the surface below. At the edge of the cliff downwards something is crawling inside the rock. Splinters of rock flung out.


ANGLE ON " S5

The ground shakes even more, and then it stops. Silent. He takes a step backwards and the ground explodes. A Large white centipede burst from the ground. Legs flaying in the air and giving away a loud roar. Sand and rocks fly in every direction.  S5 jumps backwards and stands ready. He swings forward his rifle with great determination, aiming at the monster.


OVER THE SHOULDER " S5

He fires against the centipede, hits the underbelly of the monster, reflects the shot. The creature shouts ear deafening.

It jumps at him, he dodges with just millimeters to spare, his reflection is seen on the carapace of the centipede.


ANGLE ON " CENTIPEDE

With grace and finesse it burrows itself under the snow. Moving away with great speed.


ANGLE ON " S5

Doesn’t wait a second, flings his rifle unto his back and runs with haste at the other direction. He looks back, the centipede gains momentum and races towards him, jumping out of the snow, a large selection of teeth and fangs are showing.


POINT OF VIEW " S5

Rapid breathing, running as fast has he can muster. Right by the edge. LOOKING BACK he sees the monsters trail getting more and closer. He is nearing the animals he shoots down earlier.


ANGLE ON " DEAD WINTER ANIMALS

Blood is sipping out of their wounds, clean shoot right behind the ear. S5 tramples in the blood and the snow, sliding in behind the animal. Grabbing his rifle and aiming at the monsters direction. It comes even closer.


OVER THE SHOULDER " CENTIPEDE

It wears off to the side, focusing in on the dead animals. Jumping out of the snow and slamming in on the animal.


ANGLE ON " S5

Grinding noise is heard from the centipede eating itself through flesh and bone. S5 backs away with his rifle ready. The entire carcass of the body is shaking and rumbling.


OVER THE SHOULDER " S5

He backs away with one step at a time, finger on the trigger. The large animal collapses from breaking bones and the centipede crawls out from its hole. Covered in blood it stands up and looks at S5. Its mouth moving rapidly from cleaving flesh. Disgusting and powerful. The creature launches at him.


ANGLE ON " S5

Aiming is steady, he stands motionless, the creature is just a few feet away. S5 fires, right in the creatures’ mouth, it penetrates. S5 throws himself to the side, the centipede lands just next to him, the bullet traveled through the creatures’ entire body. Destroying the creatures’ intestines. 


ANGLE ON " S5

It lies there motionless; blood pouring out of its mouth, slushing sound is heard.

S5 sits himself down on the centipede, holding his rifle over his knees, looking at his wrist and nodding slightly.


·      A FEW MINUTES LATER


WIDE SHOOT - HILL

Rumbling is heard in echoing over the mountains, over the hill three large black shapes appear. It’s three armored truck like vehicles. Moving with high speed across the snow, large plows are connected to their fronts. One of them sounds the horn


CUT TO " INSIDE FRONT VEHICLE

It’s simple like a metal box, hard seats. People inside is sitting in t-shirt and ordinary trousers.


TRUCKER

What have he found now?


OVER THE SHOULDER " S5


TRUCKER 1 (SPEAKER)

What do you got for us today?


S5 kicks the centipede


S5 (RADIO)

Filled centipede with two Blognars on the side.

TRUCKER 1 (SPEAKER)


Centipede? Now this I got to see. Okay boys dinner’s served. You take the two Blognars and we’ll check this one.


TRUCKER 2

Right!


TRUCKER 3

I’m on it!


WIDE SHOOT " TRUCKS AND BLOGNARS

The trucks go up to each their Blognar, the front truck stops right in front of S5.


ANGLE ON " TRUCK 2

A large metal claw attracts from the back of the truck, grappling the fallen animal. Bones shatter as it is dumped on the truck.


ANGLE ON " TRUCK 3

This truck also picks up one animal.


ANGLE ON " S5 AND TRUCK 1

TRUCKER 1 (SPEAKER)

Can we eat that?


S5 kneels and lifts up the mouth of the centipede.


S5 (RADIO)

Just scrape off the shrapnel and it will be fine.


TRUCKER 1 (SPEAKER)

That’s good enough for me, stay clear.


The claw from the truck launches at the centipede, grappling it and lifting it up, blood and chunks of met just dripping down on the white snow. Slamming the creature on the back of the Truck


TRUCKER 1 (SPEAKER)

That’s it then, are you going to come in here or would you prefer a walk in the moonshine?


S5 walks up to the Truck and opens up the back door, he slams it shut.


TRUCKER 1 (RADIO)

Okay boys, let’s go home.


TRUCKER 2

Affirmative on that.


TRUCKER 3

Thank god for that, or else my balls would freeze to the seat.


TRUCKER 1 (Chuckles)

Damn right on that.


WIDE SHOOT " TRUCKS AND DEAD BLOGNAR

The trucks roar away leaving the empty husk of the Blognar.


CUT TO " INSIDE TRUCK 1

The trucker hits the back of the wall with his fist


TRUCKER 1

You can come out now, the temperature is okay.

Out of a backdoor S5 stumbles. Water is dripping from his suit, its changing color to black, the color of the truck. He sits himself next to the trucker.


TRUCKER 1 (sarcastic)

So…How’s the weather?

S5 looks at the trucker, having his hands under his jaw. Something clicks and S5 lifts the helmet of the suit, underneath is a man. Long hair tied in ponytail, brown and with bad shaved beard. Looking like he didn’t had time or didn’t care to focus on his looks.


S5

Like a b***h!


The trucker chuckles and shifts the truck into a new gear.


TRUCKER 1 (RADIO)

Command, this is the meat wagon. Centipede buffet is on the menu.


COMMAND (RADIO)

Can you run that by me again?


The trucker ogles at S5 and gives away a smile.


TRUCKER 1 (RADIO)

Just keep the stow ready, ETA 20 minutes


S5 holds his rifle in his knee, leaning himself backwards and tries to relax.

CUT TO " WIDE SHOOT TRUCKS


The trucks plow through the snow and come up a hill, just over that hill one can see a large structure in the distance, steam and smock is pouring out, large generators shoots out electricity, large structures surrounds the largest. It’s a freighter that was made into a settlement. One can see the captain’s deck on the top and every other compartment is its own building. Armory, engineering and medical bay.  A makeshift settlement built for survival.


AERIAL SHOT " THE SETTLEMENT

The title text is showing


“EXILE WARS”


AERIAL SHOT " MOVING CLOSER TO THE SETTLEMENT

The sound of the trucks passes by as the settlement gets closer. The mechanical sound from machinery fills the valley and is getting less distant. Trucks and vehicles of different kinds move around the compound but not a single person is shown.

(As the Camera moves closer to the settlement it is lowered so the camera movement is diagonal downwards towards the settlement)

The smoke rises thick from the factories, a clear contrast with the white landscape around the structures. Built to survive and not to be pretty in any respect, the pieces of a giant freighter/prison transport had just been disassembled on the spot to construct these structures. Similar trucks move about the compound and tanks form up near the buildings.

(As the Camera passes the settlement it PANS around to have focus on the trucks coming in with the settlement in the foreground)


CUT TO " INSIDE THE TRUCK WITH S5

Most of the interior rattles during the bumpy ride, S5 have closed his eyes and leans back on the seat with his feet up on the dashboard. The trucker looks back and forth from the way he is driving and S5.


TRUCKER 1

Do you know what I ask myself?

S5 does not open his eyes; he continues to sit in the same position.


TRUCKER 1

How you guys do it. Hunting out in the cold I mean. One mistake and you are finished, either by the deadly cold or the animals, such as the one back there.

S5 opens his eyes and looks forward to the settlement.


S5

*Sigh* It is not as much as what I want but what everyone else needs. Survival will never come without a price.


He moves his hand over the rifle, from the trigger to the magazine; he gives away a small smile.


S5

But it also helps when you enjoy what you are doing.


TRUCKER

You don’t say.


S5 lifts up his rifle and pulls back the safety, aims at the Trucker.


S5

Enjoying the sense of death.


The trucker looks at the rifle that is being pointed right at him, yet acting calm.


TRUCKER

Weren’t you convicted for murder or something like that back on earth?

S5 flips down the rifle and c***s the safety back into position. He lays it down on his lap.


S5

Something along those lines.


TRUCKER

Did you enjoy THAT?


S5 does not respond, he just pulls up his legs on the dashboard yet again and leans back in the seat. The trucker notices that he does not get a response so he does not try to get one. He focuses on the driving instead.


CUT TO " GARAGE ROOF NEAR THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE SETTLEMENT

A small extension is situated on the roof of the garage building, large thick windows on all sides; it is no more than four by four meters. Inside a lonely soldier stands with a space pilot helmet, black and made of metal. Binoculars are connected to the helmet which he uses as he peers over the landscape. He is dressed in relatively thin clothes for being so cold. He looks at the trucks that are just a few hundred meters away.

© 2012 Kristoffer Kindh


Author's Note

Kristoffer Kindh
Free to comment. Tell me what you all think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2012
Tags: Story, Creatures, Snow, Space, Weapons, Soldiers

Author

Kristoffer Kindh
Kristoffer Kindh

Mullsjö, Jönköpings län, Sweden



About
Writing has been a really big part of my life ever since I was a child and when I started to go to school in Skövde(Sweden) at computerdevelopment as a designer I really knew what I wanted to do,.. more..

Writing
Illusion Illusion

A Screenplay by Kristoffer Kindh


Anger Anger

A Screenplay by Kristoffer Kindh