The Beast called Terrorism

The Beast called Terrorism

A Poem by KingDavid
"

Self Explanatory. Reviews are much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

"
What is this heavy feeling, weighing down on us?
Crushing, suffocating and slowly killing us?
Hostages taken, victims made and families torn,
Executions, death and cataclysmic destruction,
All for a broken dream called Religion.

What do these zealots want? Why do they do this?
Is it, to taint the good name of that religion?
Is it, to spread despair and death in their wake?
They say they preach Religion; but in the end,
It's just mindless, sinful slaughter.

They make demands and oppress us.
They steal, plunder and rampage, to satisfy their insanity.
Waging wars and dragging innocents to their battlefield,
Causing their own creed to suffer disgrace.
They call it Religion, We call it Terrorism.

© 2016 KingDavid


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"All for a broken dream called Religion. " my favourite line, religion itself is a wonderful thing, a wonderful thing that is supposed to bring believers together and spread common knowledge and love, yet humans, erratic as they are, use it mainly to divide people and spread intolerance, causing conflict, causing terrorism. This coming from a non-religious person, I follow no god or religion, but I know religion is a beautiful thing and I know terrorism is just another way (of the many) for humans to propagate their hatred. This isn't hard to understand, I don't why it is not common sense. Anyway, good job David, you're the first to make me write such a long review.

Posted 8 Years Ago


KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing this piece Winter. ^_^
A hard subject.
"Causing their own creed to suffer disgrace.
They call it Religion, We call it Terrorism."
I agree. In the name of religion, many had die and fought. Very hard to grasp. One day we will learn. One earth and one planet. Every life is a light of hope. Every child should have a fair chance to live.
Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

A hard topic. Hard to see peace for my kids. My father left me his wars and now I leave wars for my .. read more
KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Coyote, It's a fate that no one can change. Everyone will end up leaving their wars to their childre.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Yes, you are correct.
I always prefer straightforward writing to symbolic. A poem such as yours is approachable by most (except the terrorists themselves). You've painted a picture of our world besieged by violence, questioning what it's all about. I think most non-terrorists would agree with your assessment of how it is & how it feels. This poem does not actually attempt any real understanding, even tho questions are posed as to the meaning of it all. When you describe what terrorists do & say (all of it true & well-expressed), it does not further the understanding of what prompts terrorists to choose this path. Your poem describes most of us, dazed & confused, none of it making any sense. Many terrorists are very much disenfranchised in their lives & in their worlds, so they join terrorist organizations for a sense of purpose. It makes sense, given their limited view of life. It would be interesting for you to show us the other side of this equation, too. Not that your interpretation is lacking. You've summed it up very well for those of us being baffled by this murderous phenomenon.

Posted 8 Years Ago


KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your opinion @barleygirl ^_^
After a long time, I did get such a wonderful poem based on reality. I appreciate poems on reality because I usually don't write reality poems. All my poems are imaginary except for one or two pieces. Actually, the words used in this poem like religion, creed, slaughter, rampage, terrorism etc. describe the poem to its best. Very well thought and penned.... Really wonderful........ I would like to suggest you for some more poems based on reality out of the modest, keep on writing, thanks for sharing.........

Posted 8 Years Ago


KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Thank you ^_^ . I will.
Very well said, the words religion and war go hand in hand all throughout history, it is as if they can't be content till there is only one. These representatives of deities torture, maim and kill in the name of these Supreme Being to show how pious they are. How does that make sense unless you are worshiping a god of war and if that is the truth how can there ever be a winner until we are all vanquished? Bravo! I give it five out of five Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Bear. I just thought about the hypocrisy in their dealings and it turned out t.. read more
To be honest, I don't really review poetry that often. I find that poetry is kind of like painting. Each person has there own opinion, emotion, and style. I will say that this is a very powerful piece. I think many people question terrorism...the world just seems so out of order these days. If I could tell you one thing to look out for it would be commas. Keep in mind that a comma indicates a pause. Read it out loud, see if things need to be changed to make it more flowing. Great job with this! Always keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Do you think there are too many pauses? I kinda intended this poem to be a slow reading type. Thanks.. read more
luvs2write

8 Years Ago

I don't think there are too many pauses. For me, when you said "Is it, to taint...." that pause wa.. read more
KingDavid

8 Years Ago

I added that pause on purpose Lol. Yep I agree, poetry is all a matter of opinion!
Interesting and brutal honest perspective. I like! I challenge you to write it's antithesis.

Posted 8 Years Ago


KingDavid

8 Years Ago

I accept.... but only after I find out what it means LOL.
harlem_knight

8 Years Ago

lmao thats real. all im sayin is write an opposite perspective on religion
KingDavid

8 Years Ago

Lol alright. As long as I get the time, and the inspiration Lol.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: Terrorism, Dark, Reality, Religion, Zealots, ISIS

Author

KingDavid
KingDavid

Antarctica



About
Not much to say. I write as a hobby. I post mainly on RoyalRoad but a friend turned me to this site, so I'm trying to post here too. Im more of a fantasy guy. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Preacher Man The Preacher Man

A Poem by Gee


Broken Mirror Broken Mirror

A Story by pia