Chapter VIII: The Asylum, Part II; The Warden

Chapter VIII: The Asylum, Part II; The Warden

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar
"

NOTE!!!!! This is the EIGHTH part of a book I am Writing!!!

"

      A tall, balding man with jet-black hair stood in front of a monitor, watching the cannibalization of the young ‘employee’ and his hands moving furiously between his legs.  He was humming a happy little tune called, “You May be Right,” by Billy Joel, and smiling, not doing anything to stop what was happening as the man on the screen ripped into the trainee’s stomach with his bare hands.  This gentleman’s name is Lars Jensen, and he is the warden of the Northern Massachusetts Insane Asylum.  This is his dream job; he had a security camera hidden in each of the inmates’ cells so he could send innocent victims to their deaths occasionally for no reason other than his own enjoyment.

      You guessed it, my friend; good old Lars here got his kicks from watching innocent people suffer extremely horrible deaths.  He was never worried about the inmates coming after him; he had security guards with him at all times, unless he went into a room with patients.  He believed his patients all feared him, especially the females, whom he would gather in a large room, line up, and then proceed to choose those with whom he wanted to have his way.  This has been happening every night for the past twenty-nine years.

      Is that not ironic, my dear friend, a psychopathic animal heading a madhouse?  Personally, I find it hilarious!  But, that is just me.

      Lars was a very well respected member of his community.  He feared that if anything got out about what went on in his asylum, he would be torn apart by the families of his staff and patients.  To prevent that, he had forbidden his guards and staff to leave and he barred the doors to all visitors.  Basically, the Northern Massachusetts Insane Asylum was, in many ways, like the Black Flag Roach Motel from the 1980s; “they check in, but they do not check out.”

      To ensure that no evidence of the happenings in his facility would ever get out into the open, Jensen had the incinerator from an old crematory installed in the basement.  Any and all bodies and evidence were burned until not even ashes remained in the grate.

      Lars turned slowly and motioned to his six guards, who immediately formed a tight semicircle around him.  He steeled himself, putting on his best emotionless face, ready for the night’s “pick and enjoy” session from the all you can eat buffet at the female end of the ward.  He stepped out of his office in the center of the building and set off at a leisurely pace, his guards leading him like a wall of shields.

      Let me take you elsewhere for a while, for the walk down to the Women’s Wing is a very, very long trek, and I have other victims to visit.



© 2012 Alex Vidmar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this chapter. You gave history and great story. This man is not a very nice human being. I like the way the description insure the reader knew there was no exit from this prison. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 3, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012


Author

Alex Vidmar
Alex Vidmar

Wakefield, RI



About
I'm twenty-two years old and a musician at heart, but I took up writing five years ago. I'm hoping to get published somewhere, so I'm trying out this site. Please be honest in your reviews. Be cr.. more..

Writing
Shy Shy

A Poem by Alex Vidmar


Islands Islands

A Poem by Alex Vidmar