Ghost

Ghost

A Story by ♥ Kinnixk
"

This is a Corpse Party fanfiction.

"

 I shiver in the corner as if I am cold. But it’s been so long since I’ve felt cold; I can hardly remember what it feels like. I can’t even imagine it.

  I know emptiness. I know sadness. I know anger. I know loneliness. I know pain.

Oh, how I know pain.

    Ever since I died I’ve known pain. When I fell down the stairs…when I was pushed…when my legs shattered on impact and blood caressed the wooden floor…I’ve known what pain really is. I feel the excruciating pain, yes, particularly when I attempt to walk. I never get far. My legs have never healed and they never will be; I must lean against a wall to stabilize my balance or I must fall onto the ground. I must be careful. One must always be careful walking around the school of Heavenly Host Elementary. If the broken planks of the floors didn’t cave in under you on the second floor, if you have not succumbed to the darkness, if you have not given into your hunt to find meat and fluid to sate your empty belly, if you have not been driven insane when you find a friend rotting away in a corner…they will help you.

  Death is so easily to accomplish here. You could take your own life…or they will create a way to help you. This school has been filled to the brim and yet it is not enough for them. No, they must bring more in. More victims to torture, more victims to fool with. The power of the school increases with each life they take. The mind is so easily manipulated.

  I look up at the walls of flyers, announcements, and some papers for meetings never held. It doesn’t look a place where horror lies in each wall, stair, and room.

  An ear piercing scream echoes from down the stairs leading off into the basement. The ripping scream doesn’t shake me in the slightest. When cries fly down these halls they could’ve been made at that moment to around an hour prior. The school is a series of nexus, all trapped one on top of the other; the same school but not the same. Victims are separated, unable to connect easily with each other. Victims wander the halls, hoping against hope that the next corner they turn their loved ones would be there, looking for them. But their hopes are always in vain. All they get are corpses and the mementos they left behind.

  They’re stuck here. There is no way out- even in death the torture goes on, the pain of death stays with them.  No way out…

 

   I glance up the dark stairs and smile. Someone is coming down, another man, another of the many victims. Someone to watch. He pants as he walks down unsteadily, his blue hair flecking into his half-crazed eyes, glasses slightly tilted, his uniform ruffled and tattered.

  “Mayu? Mayu! Where are you?” he calls.

Mayu must be a friend of his, poor guy. Wonder what happened to her, he seems so lost without her.

 He comes to the wall next to me and sits with his open phone on his lap.

  “How long have we been here...It must be the middle of the night by now.” He clenches up and pants, “Am I even thirsty…”

  I watch him from the corner. He is another insane, I can tell. My chest tightens at the thought of watching another mind crumble into dust. Mayu must be very close to him; his mind was so easily caught. He’s got to be a new victim, probably only trapped here for a couple hours.

  “Oh, Mayu…” he shuts his eyes and whimpers, “Don’t you realize how very worried I am about you? How are you holding up right now, I wonder? What sorts of thoughts are swimming through your mind?”

  “I’m pretty sure she can’t hear you,” I mutter, “Unless she’s dead.”

“You scare so easily…” he continues as though he hadn’t heard me. I know he can’t hear me. “And you’ve such a fragile soul…you really do need me by your side.”

  His frame shudders as if reliving a memory, good or bad I couldn’t tell. He sighs, “Mayu…”

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. He is so whipped, I laugh to myself.

“If I’m not there for you, Mayu, it’s plain to see how much danger you’ll be in. That’s what I’ve been telling myself all this time anyway.”

  “You’re both screwed, I hope you know this,” I say.

“Hehe, but that not the real reason I’m trying so hard to find you. No, nothing so noble. Every time I saw your face and heard you greet me with that ‘Shig, bro!’ you’d always say you were saving my life.”

  “Now you’re not making sense.” I say and wrap my arms around my knees, ignoring the splitting pain throughout them, “And so it begins.”

  He frowns as if trying to hold back tears and he clutches his head whimpering, “Please…Mayu…I need you. Please, show yourself! Don’t leave me all alone…”

    “Too late there, pal,” I said.

He shifts onto his knees and takes his phone in his hand, pain etched in his features, his voice creeping up the edge of hysteria, “Damn…Just once more. I have to see the suffering of others. It’s the only thing keeping me sane!”

  “You poor soul,” I shake my head but nonetheless crawl forward to see what he was looking at. He flips through photos so fast, I see more corpses in them then I have seen in the last year. Course, I was stuck here in the corner for obvious reasons…

  “I am still sane…I am…”

“Yeah, keep thinking that way, buddy,” I shake my head. “Just give it a few moments, you’ll crack.” I lean in to see the pictures closer.

  “God, I’ve taken so many of them. So many pictures of the dead. It’s so weird. They’re all real, honest-to-goodness corpses…but to me, they just look like fakes. Nothing but props.”

   “Hmm, I never seen someone so into taking pictures of the dead to stay sane.” I said dryly. “Damn, how many did you take?”

 He keeps pressing the next button, laughing under his breath and smiling wide. Finally he stops onto a picture of a wall with human remains splattered against it. I lean closer.

  “That’s near the Infirmary,” I gasp. “This is someone new.” As I look I feel the growing presence of the girl’s spirit though the photo. She is also watching him and she doesn’t like it. “You must be the girl he’s talking about.” I say softly.

  “Hmm,” he muses. “This one is the flashiest by far. Utterly pulverized against the wall near the infirmary…”

  Ha! I think with triumph, I knew it!

“Absolutely breathtaking,” he breathes.

   I make a face at him, “Are you serious? I’m getting sick just looking at her…her-“

“She’s been reduced to nothing more than a chaotic jumble of flesh but not long ago, all of it was connected. It was once a human being, walking and talking with a mind of her own. Should there truly be an afterlife, she must be embarrassed to show her face there, with such a hideously disfigured appearance! Hm, I’d probably feel bad for her, if she wasn’t a complete stranger.” He sighs deeply, transfixed with the horrendous picture as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

  “You’re weird,” I finally blurt out. Of all the people I’ve seen driven insane, this one was by far the scariest one. And he was assuring himself that he was sane while looking at pictures of his dead girlfriend without even knowing.

 Of course, if he did know…

All of a sudden his phone blares out the most annoying ringtone in the world, causing him to jump with a small shriek and me letting out a string of profanities.

 “What’s going on? If I’m receiving a call then why is the blasted thing still in photo mode? Maybe the OS is shot…”

  He answers the call and the girl’s voice flows out of the phone in a wave of whispers, “Don’t look….don’t look…”

  His hands shake. His glassy eyes shoot wide open.

“Please…don’t look at me…”

  “Wh-what?” he whimpers, his hand shaking so badly I could barely see the outline of the picture; just blue and red.

  Mayu’s voice rises into a high-pitched whisper, pleading even when each word seems to kill her throat. “Stop staring at my insides…Shig, please!”

  At that moment his eyes grow flat with tears and I know he finally recognized the voice and the corpse. Shig’s phone drops onto the ground right next to my hand but I don’t think he even noticed. His mind finally shattered. This truth, out of all the other ones he faced, cut through his leftover sanity in half. I brace for the insanity to show itself. Unfortunately, this isn’t the first I’ve seen insanity ravage nor do I think it’ll be the last.

  “Ah…Ahh…AHHHH!” he screams and clutches his head as if it would keep out the truth. He sobs and continues screaming in short bursts. Each one jostled through me but yet I watch. I watch because it interests me. It kept me feeling something other than pain. It let me watch and feel someone else’s for once. I could focus my attention on something other than my hurt legs. Maybe my mind is gone. It thrills me to see others tortured.

   I reach over silently and open the video on his phone and press play silently. I have a feeling there are more brought here and they might come this way. They might want to know what happened to its owner.

  “AHHH! Ahahaha!” the man stands and bangs his fists on the wall laughing, crying, and screaming all at once. “YAAAAGGHH! HAHA MAYU! MAYU! Hahaha!” his laughter turns frantic and on the edge of hysteria and he runs down the hall yelling for Mayu. I stare after him and promptly hear a slam of a door followed by the crashing of glass.

 She must’ve thrown a cabinet on him…or he probably did it himself. I reach over and shut the phone off. Slinking back into my corner I close my eyes and let my mind wander over sweet nothings. It wasn’t much to think about but I could always give into the pain.

 

  “Aghh..”

I bolt awake as two people run into the corridor from the classroom, a male and a female, both wearing the same uniform as Shig had.

  “What the hell is up with this building? Everywhere you look, there’s blood!” she says in a half-panicked tone. She hasn’t been here as long as I have. Of course there is blood everywhere! She’ll just have to get used to it. She’s stuck here just like everyone else. The man turns toward me and asks, “What’s this?” I stare at him in awe. He can see me?! Then I remember. “It’s Morishige’s phone!”

   “’Video saved to memory’? What did he record?” the girl takes the phone.

“Wait! Nao-“the man is cut off as screeching pours out of the phone. With each one the two gawk at the phone and her eyes tear up. I can’t help but laugh at their faces as they listen.

  “Don’t worry,” I whisper. “You’ll join us soon enough…”

 

© 2013 ♥ Kinnixk


Author's Note

♥ Kinnixk
This is a Corpse Party fanfiction. I do not own anything but my own character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Great visuals and great story telling. It had plot and substance. When you add substance to writing it gets that much better. It gets the reader hooked on it and make them feel as if they are part of it. As long as their is that emotional connection between the reader and the story then it's good. The connection you were able to established in the writing gives the reader a sense of comfortably that they are in tune with the writing. So that way when the writing is over, the reader wants more, and wishes it didn't end. I feel the same way when I watched a movie or tv series that I get so attached to, I never want it to end. And for this writing, I didn't want it to end. You had me hooked, and I am sure everyone else who read it was hooked as well. That is good, that is what you want for people to keep wanting more. The way you put the story together makes me feel like my life is different for that moment in which I read your story. I love it, and it was beautiful. Just keep posting stories like this, and you'll have a good following.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Great visuals and great story telling. It had plot and substance. When you add substance to writing it gets that much better. It gets the reader hooked on it and make them feel as if they are part of it. As long as their is that emotional connection between the reader and the story then it's good. The connection you were able to established in the writing gives the reader a sense of comfortably that they are in tune with the writing. So that way when the writing is over, the reader wants more, and wishes it didn't end. I feel the same way when I watched a movie or tv series that I get so attached to, I never want it to end. And for this writing, I didn't want it to end. You had me hooked, and I am sure everyone else who read it was hooked as well. That is good, that is what you want for people to keep wanting more. The way you put the story together makes me feel like my life is different for that moment in which I read your story. I love it, and it was beautiful. Just keep posting stories like this, and you'll have a good following.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like the ending it made me laugh. Great story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good, dramatic opening paragraph. I liked that it was short in length and the beginning was unique from other stories because you didn't follow the 'she looked like this and her family history and the sun was bright' like other people do. I love the mixture of longer and shorter sentences for detail and impact. I thought 'You could take your own life…or they will create a way to help you.' Was gold! I love how much your writing has advanced since I last read it Kinnixk! Although I dislike the names. You can use simple names.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

♥ Kinnixk

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sketcha! :)
Persona

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Good luck!
nice job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

♥ Kinnixk

11 Years Ago

thanks Anexi :)
Anexi

11 Years Ago

np

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

777 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013
Tags: corpse party fanfiction

Author

♥ Kinnixk
♥ Kinnixk

About
Hello :) Enjoy your stay at my profile and feel free to message me~ **Currently my writings are ON HOLD as I work though a couple things life has thrown at me. Read requests are still open, and I .. more..

Writing
RED RED

A Story by ♥ Kinnixk



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..